The Event Executive reports to the Event Manager. As part of the Event team they focus on interacting with exhibitors, sponsors and delegates and provide constant support at every stage of the customer journey. They will have a good working knowledge of small size B2B event delivery and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the events industry. Experience of working in Asia is favourable.
The Event Executive will support the Event Manager, based in Colchester, on an upcoming event taking place in China in October 2019. They will undertake administrative tasks regarding sponsorship fulfilment, delegate registration, exhibitor liaison and event catalogue planning. The Event Executive will also regularly liaise with Sales, Operations and Marketing departments (based both in Colchester and Shanghai) to ensure consistent communication and excellent team work is at the core of daily operations.
The Event Executive will be highly organised, self-motivated and efficient individual with an excellent telephone manner, proficient letter writing skills and proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing sponsorship proposals according to relevant brief from Event or Sales Manager
- Circulate weekly reporting figures on sponsorship, exhibitor and delegate bookings
- Ensure accurate and responsible admin for all sponsorship, delegate and exhibitor bookings
- Ensure that the in-house database is up to date with contacts and relevant information
- Ensure sponsor and exhibitor benefits are actioned during the lead up and on site at the event
- Managing conference registrations, chasing for payments and sending out event information
- Be proactive in contacting clients via the telephone and email to raise awareness regarding preparations of the upcoming event
- Handling & resolving any event complaints, and keeping a log of outcomes. Including referrals to relevant internal or external persons / contractors.
- Assisting exhibitors and sponsors with any queries regarding the event and provide customer support throughout the lead up to and at the event.
- Responsible for the coordination of the exhibition floorplan
- Create and deliver ROI post show reports and analysis for sponsors
- Manage and coordinate the production of onsite show-specific collateral such as the event catalogue and onsite signage
- Regular updates with teams working on the event to ensure they are aware of common queries, issues or comments.
- Support other team members based in both Colchester and Shanghai as and when required
- Employ the highest standards of practice to deliver optimum results at all times.
- Comply with Informa’s Sustainability Policy, and actively contribute to Informa’s commitment to sustainability.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written & spoken English with proven skills in written communication
- Customer focused
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Results-focussed with ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive problem-solving. Focused on providing solutions.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Power point) and affinity with CRM systems. Knowledge of SalesForce (or similar) CRM systems an advantage but not essential.
- Minimum of 2 years’ event experience
- Travel to China will be required during 5-12 October inclusive