Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
The Social Media & Content Director is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she creates strategies to engage with contacts, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers and advocates. You will guide the vision and strategy toward best of breed social media marketing and community engagement initiatives across all business lines in the Fashion Division of Informa Markets. You will advance and evolve the social media marketing function and influencer tactics as a critical component in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers and brands.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Social Media & Content Director, you will be the strategic lead on global social strategy and community management development, inclusive of best practices and performance benchmarking/tracking. You will oversee the teams/individuals who develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our vertical market/brands within the Fashion portfolio. Ultimately, you should be able to increase and cultivate leads for both sales and attendees, audience growth, new customer acquisition and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
- Strategic lead in the development of all global social marketing initiatives and engagement strategies to support yearly objectives by business line/brand/campaign.
- Oversight and review of all earned + branded content, copy and calendaring.
- Facilitation of review/feedback on campaign, activation and seasonal calendars with Presidents, Brand Directors and Social Media & Marketing as well as cross-functional groups and leadership teams as defined by the department workflow.
- Oversee community management and effectively translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy.
- Lead performance tracking and reporting, including (but not limited to) monthly, campaign and ad-hoc reports, in addition to socialization across cross-functional and leadership teams
- Partner cross functionally with the Marketing, PR, Brand, Creative and Sales teams to plan, communicate and adjust digital and social marketing tactics.
- Drive community management and customer engagement across global social media, leveraging brand voice guidelines.
- Maintain an understanding of who our audiences are on social, the differences by platform and brand, and develop strategies to grow and deepen our relationship with those audiences.
- Drive thought leadership around content development, engagement practices, measurement and process.
- Provide a smart perspective on overall social and content industry landscape, trends, and best practices.
- Combine data and creative intuition to create social strategies and content recommendations that will attract and engage fans, build communities and drive growth Help brands develop governance and escalation policies for social media.
- Collaborate on paid social initiatives in partnership with paid digital team and agency.
- Review, edit and provide channel-specific recommendations for social content calendars.
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way to augment our brand voice in a consistent tone.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends to optimize results. Leverage data to pivot plans as needed.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Apply attribution best practices to image usage rights, copywriting & social media posts to ensure legal compliance.
- Role is instrumental in managing the vertical’s content-related assets. Google’s #1 search ranking factor is relevant content (content that serves the searchers needs the best) and managing that content is essential to this role.
- Manage the frequency/engagement across social platforms and determine the appropriate levels of support considering overall business priorities and needs in alignment with each brand’s goals and objectives
- Plan and oversee designated budget allocation in alignment with global social strategy and owned channel needs
- Review and oversee management of the department budgeting, including invoice processing and actualizations
- Lead the testing strategy with the goal of constant iteration and optimization.
- 7+ years of strategic social and/or consumer marketing and community management experience; in house or at an agency. Fashion, beauty and lifestyle experience preferred.
- Passionate for the dynamic, changing nature of social media marketing
- Curiosity and interest in innovation fueled by consumer insight and an understanding of key business drivers
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence others in a highly matrixed environment combined with experience managing teams
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Experience executing marketing campaigns utilizing traditional, online and social media marketing strategies
- Excellent communication skills; ability to demonstrate the brand voice through social media activities.
- Data enthusiast; demonstrated ability to find the data that tells the story and use it to pivot in order to see a greater impact.
- BS degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field.
- Travel required
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.