The Informa Global Exhibitions Division is seeking a commercially astute finance professional to perform the role of Finance Business Analyst supporting the EMEA Operations team as well as the Industrial portfolio.
The role reports into the Finance Business partner of EMEA Industrial portfolio and will also involve working closely and supporting the commercial teams.
The Finance Business Analyst is a partner to provide financial insight and analytical skills to support business growth and commercial development. Over time they should pick up a good understanding of the market the operate in.
The role is suited to a finance professional with a hands-on ‘can-do’ attitude, able to make a positive impact from day one. The successful candidate will possess the ability to multi-task and take a pragmatic approach in a fast-paced commercial environment.
The role may involve some international travel.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Finance Business Partner to provide financial support and analysis to business team
- Provide ongoing support to the operations team ensuring the revenue earned from multiple commission streams is identified, tracked and paid to Informa
- Managing the operations cost base and provide business support to the operations support function comprising c.100 FTEs across the EMEA region
- Provide effective business decision support and direction to the management teams through bespoke analysis and regular reporting primarily but not limited to the Industrial portfolio;
- Provide timely and accurate financials
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and cost savings where appropriate;
- Create and take responsibility for the delivery of the monthly forecast (to operating profit) so the FBP can review. Follow up by uploading to Hyperion and SAPFC
- Take ownership of weekly sales reporting including supporting commentary
- Take ownership of sales commission processing and review
- Support the FBP EMEA and commercial management team to deliver the annual business planning process and produce annual budgets, financial forecasts, operating metrics and KPIs
- Work with FBP EMEA and commercial management team to deliver the annual three-year business planning process across EMEA operations function and Industrial portfolio
- Support the EMEA management team in the production of robust financial forecasts and budgets. This includes defining the process for individual event forecasts and budget / forecasting templates;
Provide commercial support and analysis to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) as needed
- Risk management and control environment
- Work with FBP to establish and maintain an Authority Framework consistent with Group & Divisional Authority Frameworks
- Establish, maintain and monitor the internal control environment within the business, which will be subject to review by internal audit;
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Currently studying a Professional accountancy qualification. Ideally part qualified but not essential
- Strong Excel skills
- An international outlook, but speaks and writes clearly in English
- Strong communicator
- IT confident.
- Change management and process improvement experience
- Comfortbale working in a matrix structure
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritise and resolve issues promptly and effectively in a commercial and practical manner
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude
- Integrity and high professional ethics
- Ability to handle information and business affairs confidentially
- Experience in Financial modelling
- SAP knowledge
- Hyperion knowledge
- Experience in operating in multi currencies