Working with the whole Operations team, the Operations Executive is responsible for providing general support to Operations in the planning and executing their allocated events throughout the year along with supporting the team where required onsite at the events themselves.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Ensure all preferred suppliers, venues and Show teams are kept fully up to date with show information, e.g. floorplans and exhibitor lists to an agreed frequency schedule;
- Organise, produce and maintain content for exhibitor manuals, collate relevant order forms, or web links from suppliers and venues.
- Sending out timely ‘deadline form reminders’ to exhibitors and / or working closely with Customer Service team in creating the Exhibitor newsletter content.
- Schedule collection and delivery of all freight and equipment to / from the office to the various venues for shows
- Manage all pre-show packing, research and ordering of equipment and services such as radios, stationary, wristbands, PPE, as well as onsite welfare for the show teams & official contractors
- Under the guidance of senior team members produce onsite documentation including staff briefings, exhibitor lists, floor plans, welcome packs, staff handbooks Inc. safety information etc.
- Implementation of operational sponsorship deliverables
- Create and issue PO’s upon request and update budget & invoice trackers accordingly
- Participate at events onsite where requested, performing ad hoc duties as instructed by senior team members such as setting up office (s).
- Assist with post-event reporting and analysis through collation and recording of requested data.
- Assist various teams such as Customer Service, or clients directly, with answering of operational exhibitor queries where applicable
General team support & additional areas of responsibility
- Attendance at any required meetings, minute & action taking for distribution
- Arrange travel and accommodation bookings when requested, in line with set Operations budget.
- Manage expenses and invoice payments where applicable
- Create and maintain show specific project plans in the agreed format for review & sign off by individual Operations Managers on an event by event basis
- Arrange internal Operations Team events and training at the request of Senior Management
- Action stationery and IT orders for the Operations Team
- Co-ordinate new starter process and inductions with Operations Managers
- Ensure all allocated operational tasks are carried out on a timely basis according to individual project plans and within deadlines.
- Ensuring you are working within the company’s H&S, Security & Sustainability guidelines at all times
- Assisting with the implementation of internal and external Service Level Agreements.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility when requested by senior members of the Operations team
Background knowledge, skills & experience
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach and take initiative, anticipating needs
- Strong time management and organisational skills; can work to tight deadlines, able to prioritise and manage several different tasks at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills in English with additional languages highly beneficial
- IT confident and able to work with various systems; including, but not limited to, excellent Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to events as required
- 6-12 months experience in an administrative role
- Experience and/or understanding of the events industry
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours if required to deliver an event
- Professional customer focused attitude; ability to stay calm and patient under pressure
- Forward thinking, flexible and able to trouble shoot
- Positive attitude, Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
- Strong attention to detail