The Account Executive - Event Sales will be responsible for selling booth exhibit and sponsorship sales, and other products in the Informa Aesthetic Portfolio as appropriate, in conjunction with the Group Sales Director; actively solicits accounts to generate revenue. Responsible for retaining and upgrading existing customers within territory as well as researching and closing new business. Conducts client presentations, attends trade shows and related industry conferences. Works closely with event team and other Aesthetic Portfolio products to ensure maximum leverage of product offerings. Provides superior customer service to customers throughout the show cycle.
Informa’s Aesthetics Business is a medical education group providing multidisciplinary events, publications and digital content presenting the latest clinical and commercial developments in Aesthetic Medicine.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
- Direct internal client group: Liaise with marketing, conference and publishing for the aesthetics channel; finance and other as required.
- External client group: Existing clients and prospective customers targeting medical aesthetic professionals in decision-making roles.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Account Management (80%)
- Responsible for achieving weekly, monthly, event specific and annual sales goals and quotas.
- Performs extensive research on marketplace and customers to develop a rich pipeline of tiered prospects and continues to meet daily and weekly sales quotas and targets.
- Tracks other industry trade shows to connect with new prospectus and keep up with industry trends.
- Responsible for customer sales support and service for assigned accounts throughout the sales cycle.
- Conducts client presentations, attends trade shows and related industry conferences.
Reporting and Analytics (10%)
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and keeps exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each show cycle and on-going maintenance per policies. Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects’ statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Works with billing to ensure pricing accuracy, contacts customers for overdue payments (collections) and resolves other exhibitor/sponsor issues.
- Develops and maintains industry base knowledge; knows, understands and can speak to key industry trends, contacts and data.
Event Support and Other (10%)
- Contributes to efficient and effective move-in, show and tear down.
- Provides customer service pre-show and through the event.
- Performs additional duties on show site as needed.
- Attends other internal mandatory meetings and trainings as required.
- Provides support and performs special projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years sales experience with proven track record or success for trade show or events
- Strong understanding of trade shows and events
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High degree of customer service
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and market savvy, exemplary interpersonal skills within a fast paced, evolving environment
- Must be proficient with experience in MS Office applications with the ability to learn additional software packages, i.e. Salesforce.com, HubSpot, etc.
- Travel is required both air and ground – up to 40%
- Experience in the medical aesthetics industry preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.