The Marketing Executive will assist with the execution of the exhibitor, visitor and delegate marketing campaigns in order to drive attendance and maximise revenue at each TOC event.
The successful applicant will have a passion for digital marketing and a desire to understand and expand in this area.
A sound understanding of event marketing principles is essential to this role, as is a commercial mind and the ability to be unfazed by new projects.
Commission is payable for hitting pre-agreed targets which are likely to include web traffic increases, hitting attendance targets and growing digital sponsorship revenue.
With the addition of the Marketing Executive, the Marketing team will consist of Portfolio Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Executive and Marketing Executive; with additional marketing support from the Sales & Marketing Administrator.
The TOC team in total numbers 11 people, all based in the UK.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Updating content including creating & testing forms across 4 event websites
- Assisting senior marketers with website optimisation & SEO reports
- Monitoring web stats through Adobe Analytics
- Driving traffic to the website through email marketing and social media
- Uploading & formatting copy & images
- Regular proofing of event websites, link checking, updating pricing etc
Digital & Commercial
- Posting regular event updates on Twitter & Linked in
- Re-tweeting exhibitors and posting exhibitor news stories on social media
- Liaising with the app producers to ensure they have the correct content from the website (with assistance from the Event Administrator)
- Helping to drive additional revenue from exhibitors via digital marketing
- Liaising with external company to produce printed event guide (with assistance from Administrator)
- Assisting Senior Marketers with deliverables for media partners
- Creating printed sales flyers for each event
Exhibitor Liaison / Co-Marketing
- Using photoshop to produce & send personalized banners to exhibitors to promote their attendance at the event (with assistance from the Event Administrator)
- Working with exhibitors to invite their clients (eg e-tickets, hard copy tickets)
- Calling selection of exhibitors to assist with their client promotion
- Working with exhibitor-speakers to promote their sessions
- Sending sales HTMLs to prospect exhibitors (working with sales team for messaging)
- Sending HTMLs to recruit visitors (working with marketing team for messaging)
- Sending HTMLs to pre-registered visitors to maximise attendance
- To learn how to use the new database system
- To undertake data entry / cleaning / coding as requested
- Attending TOC Europe
- Driving the onsite social media from exhibitors
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous b2b exhibition / conference marketing experience
- Ability to pick up new systems confidently & competently – eg website, EMS etc
- Highly organised & able to manage multiple projects sometimes with moving deadlines
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of MS Office & willing to learn Photoshop
- Commercially minded
- Be able to generate new ideas & keen to input into all areas of the campaigns
- Experience of working with external designers / printers
- Be flexible regarding working hours as attendance at events may require long work days, evenings and weekends
- Previous experience with AEM, Eloqua, Adobe Analytics
- Experience of social media as a business tool