WHO WE ARE:
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, UBM Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
The Social Media & Content Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers and advocates. Community leadership and participation are integral to the Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the vertical’s brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers and brands.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Social Media & Content Manager, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our vertical market/brands within the Fashion portfolio. Ultimately, you should be able to increase and cultivate leads for both sales and attendees, audience growth, new customer acquisition and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
- Work with the Director of Social & Content, Chief Marketing Officer, vertical President(s), and Copywriter(s) to design the strategy to promote content across social media channels.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns and align key stakeholders.
Develop relevant content topics to reach the vertical’s target customers.
Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
Facilitate and promote online conversations with customers and respond to queries.
Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans. Respond accordingly and in a timely manner to negative sentiment.
Oversee design used in social working with the creative team (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.)
Input and advise on paid social ad campaigns
Design posts to sustain community’s curiosity, build a social following and create buzz around events and products.
Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Contribute in the development and execution of multifaceted attendee and exhibitor marketing content and social plans, timelines, and budgets, as well as manage the photographers, videographers, etc.
- Become an advocate for the vertical in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive social marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding Fashion. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way to augment our brand voice in a consistent tone.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends to optimize results. Leverage data to pivot plans as needed.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Applies attribution best practices to image usage rights, copywriting & social media posts to ensure legal compliance.
- Role is instrumental in managing the vertical’s content-related assets. Google’s #1 search ranking factor is relevant content (content that serves the searchers needs the best) and managing that content is essential to this role.
- 3+ years proven work experience within the social media space.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Experience executing marketing campaigns utilizing traditional, online and social media marketing strategies
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to demonstrate the brand voice through social media activities.
- Strong multi-tasking and analytical skills; ability to manage through a matrix.
- Experience managing a team a plus.
- Data enthusiast; demonstrated ability to find the data that tells the story and use it to pivot in order to see a greater impact.
- BS degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Interest in fashion a plus
- Some travel may be required
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.