Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets organizes transaction-oriented Exhibitions and trade shows, which provide buyers and sellers across different industries and communities with a powerful platform to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals, including Property & Construction, Health & Nutrition, Beauty, and Pop Culture.
Informa Markets, through it's Yachting Promotions division, is currently seeking an Account Executive to partner with our Business Development team. This role will report directly to the Business Development Director.
- Sell booth space and sponsorships for a territory via telephone, email communication and face-to-face meetings.
- Work independently and with supervisor to create strategic plans to achieve revenue goals by generating new sales ideas, researching new markets & trends.
- Prospect for new business through various sources including industry and other publications, websites and competitive shows.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and ensure the customer is provided continued service as it relates to their investment.
- Prepare customized business proposals for perspective and existing clients
- Customize sponsorship and booth space offerings to fit the needs of clients
- Provide accurate sales projections and forecasts.
- Maintain and update sales databases.
- Work closely with show management to develop creative sales messages and marketing promotions.
- Function as an integral part of overall show management effort in performing additional duties as required.
- Travel as required to tradeshows and/or to visit with clients and prospects as needed.
- Creative talent possessing charisma and energy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of sales experience.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of sales database management a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be team-focused with a collaborative mindset and able to work seamlessly with exhibitors and internal teams.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, fast learner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.