You will have overall technical responsibility for our Talend platform with technical.
The Talend Engineer has extensive experience in the Talend platform and toolsets. You have experience designing and managing Talend ETL, matching and deduplication processes/programs and experience in building/designing microservices using Talend Studio with respect to data.
You will have suitable cloud database exposure and experience with open source version control systems.
You have the ability to work well under pressure, owning from end to end change reqests and incident tickets. Ensuring these are efficiently developed, tested and promoted to Production systems in short timeframes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recommend and implement platform architecture to support Talend DQ programs and achieve business goals
- Provide development and testing support for regular releases of Talend enhancements / functionality.
- Create documentation outlining developed solutions as a reference for other platform team members and/or how-to guides for the data and datasteward teams
- Engage with business and technology leaders to understand strategy and articulate solution options
- Providing post-implementation, enhancement and maintenance support in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to the peer review process by ensuring independent peer reviews are undertaken on own work and others.
Essential Skills Desired
- 3+ years ETL experience with MDM tools (Talend preferred) and Big Data strongly
- 5+ years experience within a total information technology environment
- 2+ years experience with Master Data Management
- MDM jobs to be testable (having test data, regression test scripts, and expected results)
- Design MDM jobs, test, and schedule them. Connect jobs to our monitoring system
- Good understanding and expertise in Talend Best Practices
- Reason on, and develop complex data transformation programs
- Design and develop data models and understand how to write ETL artifacts against them
- Design, develop and maintain microservices on Talend to support DQ activities
- Capabilities to Identify inefficiencies in current data integration and leverage solutions; not limited to optimization for PL/SQL, or current ETL jobs.
- Be proficient in cloud platform environments primarily covering relational databases (e.g.Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL), file/object stores (e.g. AWS S3) , Compute machines/Servers (e.g. AWS EC2)
- Experience of working with structured and semi-structured data sets
- Experience in data modelling skills (dimensional modelling)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. GIT)
- Achievement oriented
- Problem solver
- Great Communicator; Capable of precise communication, within tight timelines, across all effective channels
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Team Leader as well as Actor
- Analytical, Rational thinker
- Translate tech talk into business language and conversation
- Willingness to learn exciting new technologies such as Snowflake
- Determinatiion and hunger to solve problems and maintain a ‘get things done’ attitude