The Marketing Manager will lead on the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for Barbour EHS. This is a 12-month maternity cover contract.
They will devise and implement the multi-channel marketing plans as required to develop the brands. The marketing manager will be solely responsible for implementing SEO and PPC strategies, writing content, developing the website, promoting and running webinars, generating leads from extensive databases of customers and prospects bringing expertise and learning to the brands as well as owning marketing activities.
The role will include looking at how we can expand the data on International clients and new verticals.
Barbour is going through an exciting time with the re development of its platform which is being launched in May 2019.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executing the marketing plan set for the year, ensuring that plans are accomplished in a timely manner, within budget. The aim of this is to create lead generation to ensure an in-flow of new data for the new sales team and renewal campaigns, to ensure a long-term customer lifecycle
- Working to ensure Barbour is exhibiting at relevant shows, including agency liaison on stand build, making the most of stand presence and show promotion.
- Working with external partners / media to enhance the Barbour brand
- Staying on top of market updates, and ensure relevant promotion is in place for Barbour’s internal product development as well as external market factors
- Managing monthly webinars from setting up and promotion, through to management on the day and post event follow up communications
- Social media management of all Barbour platforms including content writing, scheduling and analysis of data to boost organic engagement
- Developing PPC campaigns with an external agency. This will include writing a brief, devising copy and producing assets relevant to the campaign target audience
- Content writing and sharing via all appropriate platforms in keeping with the Barbour content plan
- Testing, monitoring and analysing campaign performance regularly
- Reporting monthly on statistics for all Barbour marketing platforms and campaigns
- Writing copy in conjunction with the copywriter and liaising with designers on any collateral needed for Barbour campaigns
- Creating custom landing pages for Barbour marketing campaigns
- Managing and updating the marketing website
- Weekly website lead analysis and reporting to the team
- Writing, testing and scheduling regular email campaigns using Adestra
- Producing and updating brochures and flyers in keeping with the brand guidelines
- Helping to deliver ongoing customer insight through market research
- Building customer centric analytics that enable the business to make sound decisions around content, products and services
- Providing continual support to the Barbour New Business Sales and Customer Care team
- Related works as requested by the Brand Director / Senior Marketing Manager
- At least 4 years of proven marketing experience
- Strong organisation
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, able to work with and influence a range of personalities
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing strategy and plans
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing skills and channels, such as SEM, social and email marketing
- Working knowledge of online analytics programmes
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Analysis and reporting skills – able to report and present trends on marketing performance to the wider team
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Marketing automation knowledge (Eloqua / Adestra)
- Knowledge of Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Content marketing experience
- Experience of running inbound campaigns
This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.