COPY EDITOR/CONTENT PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
The Aviation Week Network seeks an experienced and talented copy editor/content production specialist to join the New York production team for the digital and print editions of its flagship magazine, Aviation Week & Space Technology. Aviation Week is the leading source of news, analysis, data and events for the aerospace, aviation and defense industries.
What we’re looking for:
We want to hire a person with with strong editing, communications and organizational and InDesign skills who is adept at working on both digital and print products in a fast-paced environment.
We are read by C-level executives, government and military policy makers, program managers, engineers and business development and finance executives. We cover business, technology and operations for the commercial aviation, defense, space, maintenance repair and overhaul, and business aviation sectors.
You are accountable for:
- Using Adobe InCopy to edit articles for Aviation Week & Space Technology's digital and print editions and the Aviation Week Intelligence Network.
- Working closely with writers, editors and producers in production of Aviation Week & Space Technology content.
- Posting stories to our Drupal-based content management system.
- Updating the web site as directed.
- Using Adobe InDesign to produce print pages.
- Performing other tasks as instructed by director of editorial and online production.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or a related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five years of experience editing copy for content, clarity and style for both digital and print products.
- Three to five years of experience producing print publications with Adobe InDesign. Experience with Adobe InCopy is a plus.
- Keen eye for detail in editing technical articles.
- Strong grasp of AP Style.
- Knowledge of aviation, aerospace and defense subjects is a plus.
What we offer:
Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
401K and Matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous PTO policy
Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
What to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!