UBM plc is a leading global B2B events organiser. It is the largest listed pure-play organiser in the world and the leading organiser in the US and Asia.
Our 3,750 staff, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different industry sectors - from fashion to pharmaceutical ingredients. These global networks, skilled and passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for business people to achieve their ambitions.
The Customer Service team is the main point of contact for all after-sales queries which includes all event participants (internal and external): exhibitors, visitors and the UBM EMEA portfolio teams (serving a range of events, international clients and internal departments). The department helps in both a re-active and pro-active way to ensure our customers receive all the attention and care they need to make the most of the event. The core function includes but is not limited to: supporting all customers, liaising and working closely with the event team, including marketing, operations, sales and credit control departments.
The Customer Service Team is a vital communication connection sharing the voice of the attendees with all internal departments. The Team owns their customer queries and work proactively to resolve these quickly with a clear response and resolution for the customer. They provide continual support for exhibitors (once a stand has been purchased) and visitors (after they have registered to attend an event) at every stage of the customer journey: pre-show, onsite and post-show follow up.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES:
- Main point of customers contact, inbound and outbound, through telephone, email and live chat.
Ensure the highest level of customer service to our customers (visitors and exhibitors) making sure all queries are replied to, followed-up and resolved within the department SLA:
- For Exhibitors, the core tasks revolve around helping them prepare for the show by explaining the Exhibitor Manual and co-ordinating resolution on all queries received
- For Visitors the core tasks revolve around helping them understand the event website and supporting their attendance to the event
- Capture/update customer data into CRM systems and/or any other relevant internal platforms
- Support the development and implementation of integrated customers communication plans
- Contact exhibitors proactively to educate them and gather feedback on using web services (exhibitor manual, new launches and products)
- 1st line technical support for digital products/tools
- Gather customer insight for digital solutions and support surveys with direct outreach
- Handle questions related to invoicing and credit control
- Provide customer service support and coordination onsite at shows
- Give input into customer service reports for Events teams with best practice and suggestions for improvements based on customers feedback
- Main point of contact for customer complaints
- Support the online exhibitor manual, catalogue data, lead generation tools and any other internal systems
- Support the event teams as required
- Ad hoc Duties
- Excellent communicator, team player and a multi-tasker
- Prior customer service role experience for at least 1 year
- Fluent in English, additional languages are desirable (German, French or Chinese a big advantage)
- Quick learner who is self-sufficient and uses initiative
- Proactive problem-solver
- A self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm and accuracy
- Great attention to detail
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organiser and able to work in a busy environment
- Flexible, creative and versatile
- Highly self-motivated with exceptional time management
- Salesforce or other CRM experience
- Strengths in attention to detail
- Exceptional prioritising skills while able to work in an ever-evolving environment
- Ability to deliver quality output on time and work with deadlines/targets
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience/understanding of B2B exhibitions
- Please note, this position is 37.5 hours a week but you may be required to work extended hours on occasion e.g. when onsite and travel may also be required (40 h/week in Amsterdam)