The Sales Operations Administrator role supports a business unit sales team, who are selling across regions, multiple brands (products/events) and customers. Sales Operations is a pivotal new function within the UBM EMEA business linking Sales teams with the a central Sales Operations team and provide structured sales administration, Salesforce (CRM), data analysis, reporting and information entry support to a business unit Sales teams.
The Sales Operations Administrator will report into the Sales Director to support the entire business unit Sales function. They will have knowledge and understanding of the Sales systems such as Salesforce and ESOP, whilst supporting IT service requests through Service Now. The role will work closely with the regional CRM team, to support in the set-up and management of Sales campaigns within Salesforce, liaising with relevant business unit Sales leaders (Hof Business Development and Hof Account Management) to assign sales campaigns to individual sales team members. Furthermore the role will support with the management of data quality, accuracy and consistency for the business unit, whilst also be on hand to support specific business unit reporting or analysis requirements.
Part of the role will be to support sales data entry into ESOP (Electronic Sales Order Processing) system, ensuring the quality and accuracy of information which is entered into ESOP ahead of generating the sales contract to be sent to a customer.
Whilst they will support business unit sales teams they will also be on hand to support Exhibitor Marketing Event Ops and Customer Service teams, with data list pull requests and reporting needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a liaison between sales teams and the regional CRM team
- Support ad hoc and regular reporting for Business Unit Sales teams
- Support reporting on sales performance
- Actively looking at Salesforce to observe usage, movement of Sales opportunities and keeping Sales leadership informed
- May occasionally help develop proposals for Account and Business Development Managers, other members of the sales team
- Manage and update Salesforce (CRM) and associated Sales order processing tools (ESOP, ASOP, ISOP) with sales contracts and products information through sales process
- Providing the forms (text) for: sales, stand upsells, promo opportunities, catalogue (publishing events), stand sharing forms for the online customer tools and contract creation.
- Floorplan management.
- Support the Head of Business Development to maintain a hot list of leads; actively track competitive shows and/or publications to seek out new leads
- Assist with administrative activities including scheduling meetings, preparing regular forecasting, preparing presentations for budget and strategy meetings
- Works with the regional CRM team to communicate enhancements in Salesforce to the Sales teams
- Provide and track Salesforce training for on boarding new hires and continuing user education
- Provides feedback to the CRM team, on business adoption and issues to continually improve the Salesforce platform
- Serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) on Salesforce business process for sales teams
- Support the adoption of Salesforce CRM system and Sales Excellence pipeline process
- Supports the set up and management of regional Sales events
- Key liaison point with Customer Service and Event Operations team for customer data and event floor plan queries
- Key liaison point with Customer Service Team to handover contracted customers for post-sale customer process to commence
- Adhere and commit to the UBM Commitments and lead by example
ILLUSTRATIVE ROLE METRICS:
- Salesforce adoption metrics
- # of users logged on weekly
- Leads converted monthly by user
- Interest in the Events industry and Sales
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Well organised and good time management
- Experience of data analysis and manipulation
- Ability to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Interpersonal skills, confident personality, high level of enthusiasm
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM desirable
This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.