Digital Marketing Manager
About Informa Markets
In every market and industry, business opportunity and success come from attracting and engaging with customers, generating leads, showcasing products and researching and discovering the latest solutions.
Informa Markets creates platforms for specialist markets to connect, trade, innovate and grow.
We operate over 500 major, branded exhibitions where buyers and sellers working in a specialist market can meet face to face, see and show products, conduct business and build relationships. We also provide a range of online solutions based on data and expert content that connect and engage businesses year-round.
Digital Director | Food & Pharma
The Food and Pharmaceutical industries – supporting human health – are incredibly exciting market segments, with phenomenal long-term growth forecasts. The Amsterdam Digital Team is at the forefront of this growth; supporting commercial leaders in the Food and Pharmaceutical markets with online products and services, such as online media, digital marketing services, online directories, and data & custom intelligence products.
The Digital Marketing Manager is a strategic business partner – to both our internal and external ‘customers’. In this role, you will further develop and refine our customer-centred marketing strategy, focusing on driving Value and Outcomes, by:
- Understanding and reinforcing the value of what we provide our communities today
- Developing and nurturing our online audience all year long (i.e. www.ingredientsnetwork.com and www.cphi-online.com)
- Creating creative and engaging Though Leadership to support our customers on their digital journey
- Launching new and innovative digital products to market
- Driving Awareness and Demand for our products and services
- Utilizing Data & Analytics to help us continuously improve
- Deepening our understanding customer needs through qualitative research, networking, interviews, and strong partnerships with our event teams
The Digital Marketing Manager is part of the Amsterdam Digital Team leadership team, reporting to the Digital Director, along with the Digital Sales Manager and the Digital Product Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, coach and develop the Digital Marketing Team; building their careers as you build the Marketing Strategy
- Develop insight into customers’ needs in Food & Pharma working with colleagues and community
- Partner with Digital Team and Event Team stakeholders to align KPOs and implement marketing plans
- Competitive intelligence and market research – within our industry as well as possible disruptors in the digital space
- Grow and sustain our digital audience across all of our products and platforms
- Develop strategy and goals for each of the digital channels
- Content Management, SEO, Monitoring, and Reporting for websites and digital platforms.
- Map and optimize end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent our branding, tone of voice and design in messaging across various channels.
- Develop campaign measurements criteria in alignment with business goals, provide analytics and tools and create dashboards on all digital activities.
- Create and implement Awareness and Demand generation programs for our Digital Marketing products
- In partnership with Product, develop business cases for new product development and design GTM strategy
- Drive adoption of digital products part of onsite global events
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous Digital Marketing, Marketing Agency, and/or Online Media experience at manager level
- Customer obsessed and endlessly curious
- (Even better? You have experience as a marketer in the Food or Pharmaceutical industry)
- Experience with Marketing Automation (i.e. Eloqua; Adestra)
- Experience with Web Analytics (i.e. Omniture/Adobe Analytics)
- Proven track record of rapidly growing user-base of digital products
- Experience with event-based analytics, Google Analytics, A/B testing, funnel optimisation and cohort analysis
- Understanding of Database Management and Segmentation techniques
- Highly analytical, Team player and highly collaborative
- University Degree or equivalent, Marketing qualification will be a bonus
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent presenting and copywriting skills in English
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work within a global & matrixed environment
- Willingness to travel (20%)