We’re the world’s largest events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than 30 countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. Come join us!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conference Producer to drive the conference and live content offerings for the Informa Markets Pharmaceutical portfolio, which boasts the world’s leading pharmaceutical brand, providing international events for professionals in the industry to connect and do business.
As part of a growing division and event portfolio, we are looking for somebody driven and tenacious, with the ability to seek out opportunities and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate needs excellent influencing skills, the ability to work independently, and to be able to collaborate successfully with our marketing, brand, logistics and sales teams.
The key to a successful brand led content business is creating high quality live and digital content, and developing excellent relationships with brand stakeholders & cross-functional team members. You will be an integral part of this and develop your own relationships and live content features. You will benefit from the closest market proximity and expert views in the markets within which we operate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research & Analysis – conduct surveys and in-depth phone based research and analysis of key subject areas for content development and customer insight purposes
- Conference program development – Producing validated, commercially driven and editorially sounds agenda for a number of trade shows and different features within the Pharma Portfolio
- Speaker Acquisition - sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of high level industry leading speakers
- Topic validation - testing topics via research calls with the primary market
Copy Writing - sales-driven brochure, web, direct mail and email copy to drive delegate sales
- Content creation – working with the wider team to identify and develop content pieces with clients and key accounts for use in marketing campaigns and to promote assigned features.
- Project Management – driving the project team of marketing, sales and logistics managers to deliver content programmes to deadline and budget
- Onsite Delivery – meticulous on-site execution of conferences to exceptional standards of customer service
- Sponsorship strategy - Working towards achieving assigned revenue targets for sponsorship, including developing a number of packages and working closely with the Sales Team and key accounts to ensure uptake
Account Management – Once sponsorship contracts are signed, to take on responsibility for delivery of all content related points – including liaison with the client pre-event, on-site and post-event.
To design, develop and execute commercially viable live content features based on in-depth market research, in line with the Events First strategy. Content features should be a key driver in improving customer experience at our shows, and in generating revenue towards the Content P&L.
The candidate will take the lead on programming for CPhI Worldwide, CPhI Middle East & Africa and CPhI China (international programme only).
To become an expert in your field through conducting comprehensive research into the relevant market. You will develop a solid understanding of the Pharma marketplace and be able to identify the most pressing issues and opportunities across various geographies, finding the commercial angle. You will develop important relationships with key industry stakeholders, and be able to acquire top level speakers for content programmes.
You will support on the promotion and execution of the content features you develop. This ranges from writing promotionally-led programme and sales copy to support marketing campaigns, to supporting on operational and logistical tasks for the event - including managing features on-site, and carrying out post-event administration and analysis.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of producing commercial conferences, based on in-depth market research. The candidate will have a high level of commercial awareness and be target and deadline driven.
- An excellent communicator with a personable approach (foreign languages advantageous), you are confident and comfortable in cold calling senior level speaker prospects to ‘sell’ them the benefits of partnering with our brand and speaking at our events.
- We are looking for somebody driven and tenacious, with the ability to seek out opportunities and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate needs excellent influencing skills, the ability to work independently, and to be able to work collaboratively with our marketing, brand, logistics and sales teams.
- Prior experience or knowledge of the Pharma industry highly desirable.
Role Key Competencies
- Excellent research & analysis skills
- Commercial acumen
- Highly organized
- Deadline driven