We’re the world’s largest events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than 30 countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. Come join us!
Reporting into the Head of Marketing, this role will support the marketing campaigns for the four trade events within the Design Portfolio including, Decorex International, Sleep + Eat, designjunction and KBB Birmingham.
These market-leading events take place annually (bar KBB) and welcome a global audience of retailers, designers, architects and developers looking to source interior products from collections of the most recognized names in the industry.
The campaigns use the full marketing mix to deliver complex and exciting marketing activity to ensure that we meet our objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a Marketing Assistant to help support the team in the delivery of these fast-moving marketing campaigns. The successful candidate will work with the team across various channels, including print, websites, email as well as taking responsibility for key projects such as delivering marketing activity through our media partners.
- Support marketing plans with input and support from Head of Marketing and Senior Marketing Executives, including:
- Updating and editing the shows’ websites
- Creating content pieces such as infographics, templates, animations and polls
- Copywriting, design, proofing, mailing, printing
- Data building and analysis
- Work with international and UK media partners and associations to secure coverage, procure content and executive marketing activity for our campaigns
- Record results from marketing activity on a weekly basis
- Effectively manage relationships with suppliers, including raising purchase orders and ensuring that they meet the business’ cost, quality and deadline requirements and expectations
- Manage post show research and any adhoc research projects
- Assist with collating all relevant materials for the delegate directory for each event, ensuring that the content is up-to-date and correct, working with an external designer for the production to meet print deadline and expected quality.
- Industry monitoring: keep up to date with industry news and competitors to inform marketing campaigns and audience insight
- Budget management: work with Marketing Manager to manage budgets and targets in line with business requirements
- Create marketing collateral: brief in new creative designs and coordinate feedback through to completion
- Administrative or other marketing support to assist with the efficient running of the department, as and when required.
- Any ad-hoc projects which arise
- Graduate with a university degree
- Proven marketing experience
- Excellent copywriting skills and understanding of the role of content to drive engagement and action
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, able to work with a range of personalities
- Digital marketing expertise across a range of marketing channels
- Database segmentation, analytics and reporting experience
- Working knowledge of online analytics programmes
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong understanding of basic marketing skills and processes
- Strong copy-writing skills and understanding of the role of content to drive engagement and action
- Excellent communication skills
- Some basic design skills
- Excellent independent and team collaboration skills
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- HTML knowledge
- Adobe suit software
- Experience using analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics preferable
- Experience of using CRM / database management software
- Use of Marketing Automation Software
- Experience of an event or exhibition would be an advantage