Delta Farm Press Staff Writer
Delta Farm Press is seeking a new staff writer to cover the Mid-South region. The ideal candidate will be located in West Tennessee, South Arkansas, Louisiana or Mississippi for most efficient coverage. This person will be home-based but work closely with the Farm Press senior content director, and the rest of the Farm Press team.
Key responsibilities for this position include covering Mid-South agriculture, working with local experts on key topics important to our farmer-readers and using enterprise reporting techniques to unearth topics and stories for our readers.
This position requires solid writing skills (please provide at least three samples of your most recent work), comfort using a camera, and an understanding of the role of social media in engaging the reader.
- Creating content for use in daily e-newsletters (which is posted online), social media and print.
- Developing future story ideas and working with state and regional experts to cover the most important topics in the region.
- Collaborating with other Farm Press team members as needed to cover key topics for the region.
- Assist in editing content from freelancers for print and digital.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of business writing and editorial experience required, preferably in B2B media and/or within the nutrition and natural products industry.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Outlook. PhotoShop skills are a plus.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet demanding deadlines.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team.
Informa Exhibitions U.S. offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and matching 401k plan as well as generous time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.