The Event Production Specialist assists in the full event design life cycle of assigned shows. They will contribute to the success of the organization through participating in the development of the event’s on-site visual, creative, and environmental experience, via coordination, project management, and execution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and stay current with fashion, home, event, and color trends; attend inspirational events/seminars as approved by Director.
- Assist in the overall show décor; designing lounges and environments, based on visual directive:
- Source and procure props, fixtures, and rentals from vendors; supervise, track, and coordinate deliveries and handling.
- Source and oversee floral, tree, and plant vendors; create detailed floor plans/guides for placement.
- Assist in the research, creation, and execution of trend/visual installations, presentations, vignettes, and any other event initiatives, as related to overall décor.
- Support experiential marketing and sponsorship initiatives/activations via research, development, and execution; assist in the curation of sponsorship proposals as needed.
- Create detailed work orders and on-site production plans for on-site labor, electric, lighting, and rigging teams. Effectively communicate plans with show team, general contractor, and facility personnel.
- Collaborate and communicate event design and décor plans with the Operations Team
- Participate in analytical, research, and exploratory projects on an as needed basis
- Execute on-site design plans in the most effective, efficient, and professional manner.
- Coordinate and maintain decor floor plan needs with Operations floor planning team for each event
- Develop and create detailed floor plans, visual layouts, and visual rental manifests for each event
- Creation and/or development of custom sketches, illustrations, or digital mood boards as needed
- Organize and archive all seasonal décor plans, post-show.
- Maintain and managed seasonal inspirational Pinterest boards for team collaboration and visual direction.
- Cultivate database of décor vendors, continuously staying abreast and updating new vendors/talent
- Submit purchase orders as needed and directed.
- Vendor and fabricator outreach to obtain pricing, estimates, forecasts, etc, as needed for projects
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Arts, Interior Design, Special Events, or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in interior design or events with a strong interest in fashion and design.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communicator, authoritative and credible diplomat/ambassador
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, and adhere to critical deadlines via excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow thru, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of professional calibers and personnel.
- Experience with the following programs: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or InDesign, and all Microsoft Programs
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with the followign programs a plus: CAD, or other special planning sofrware
- Past experience and talent in visual design and event execution strongly preferred
- Willingness and motivation to contribute to the design process with innovative thoughts and ideas
Informa Exhibitions U.S., Fashion offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and matching 401k plan as well as generous time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.