Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, UBM Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What We're Looking For:
The Copywriter will work with Attendee Marketing and Sales Marketing teams to drive the creative process to deliver storytelling and a strong, individualized brand voice across our vertical markets, generating excitement, demand and brand awareness. In addition to creating compelling content, the Copywriter will also be responsible for leading the drive for consistency across all marketing content. They will report into the vertical President to create a tight alignment with their brand(s)/strategy.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Ideate, produce and measure performance of platform-agnostic content and delivery to support segment.
- Act as lead to build/maintain a consistent voice and tone that captures the brand/vertical essence throughout all marketing copy including email, social, website and collateral.
- Work closely with members of marketing, social media and experience teams to align content strategy, curating content for our value proposition, key messaging with target audience needs, brand positioning, and team resources.
- Primary outputs include creative copy for a wide range of communication and marketing material that helps deliver the specific brand and marketing strategy in marketing collateral, direct mail creation, outbound emails, social media and website copy.
- Strong emphasis on direct marketing/direct response copy creation optimized for conversion and engagement.
- Create copy style guidelines, key messaging, raison d’etre for the marketing team and be the driving force to ensure that they are consistently followed.
- Take a project from inception to execution, consolidating feedback from cross-functional teams, making strategic recommendations and delivering integrated on-brand copy.
- Build strong relationships & collaborate with internal teams across marketing, creative and event management so that we can deliver consistent messaging to attendees.
- In close partnership with the content and marketing team, participate in content marketing initiatives that will increase website traffic, increase lead generation and improve our clients’ brand awareness through marketing campaigns.
- Ad hoc assignments as needed.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 2-4 years of experience in content marketing, journalism or related field
- A Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of digital media channels
- Strong experience in optimizing content for today’s SEO requirements.
- Exposure to email marketing best practices.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and quality
- A strong work-standard and an ability to innovate and think critically.
- A desire to challenge and identify new and better ways of delivering results.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and collaboration skills.
- Positive, professional, and outgoing attitude with superior relationship building abilities.
- Flexible and comfortable with rapid change.
- Ability to interpret creative direction, and a willingness to learn.
- Strong creativity and passion for creating responsive, original and interesting content.
Other Preferred Attributes:
- Self-motivated with ability to work with multiple teams and take direction from multiple individuals and outside partners.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.