We’re the world’s largest events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than 30 countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. Come join us!
The purpose of the digital account executive is to generate sales of online products. The Digital Account Executive will assist our customers with a gaining good understanding of our digital products. He or she is expected to have a background in selling digital products.
UBM company summary
UBM organizes over 300 market-leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Our events serve a tremendous variety of different industry sectors from furniture to fashion to pharma. In total we serve over 50 different communities.
There are over 3,750 people working at UBM. We operate in more than 20 countries. This global footprint allows us to help businesses to trade both domestically and internationally.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Account Executive is responsible for revenue generation from existing exhibition customers within the Pharma and food portfolio. And will be expected to manage relationships and interactions with 100 – 150 customers. To be successful, the digital account executive is expected to partner with the exhibition sales team to move new and existing customers from initial trials to repeat online business.
It is important that the digital account executive is able to gain insight into a customer’s objective / marketing strategy and translate this to a commercial proposal. In addition, it is important that the account executive can convert a lead into an opportunity and close a deal. We expect that the digital account executive will pro-actively reach out to existing customers, is creative in finding sales solutions and can have a meaningful conversation about the digital- landscape and trends with our customers.
The account manager executive role will involve a combination of phone, e-mail and face to face contact with customers to develop the account relationship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the sales team to move new customers from trial to repeat business
- Partner with the ad operation team to deliver superior customer experience
- Proactively find new ways to build the client’s businesses and to grow accounts
- Master and maintain knowledge of client's business, competition, and latest industry news and trends.
- Work collaboratively with the brand and key account managers to develop industry and brand knowledge as required
- Adoption of Sales Excellence pipeline process through use of Salesforce (CRM system)
- Maintain accurate and timely customer information and notes within Salesforce (CRM system) so that other Sales team members and business unit functions stay informed with the latest customer dialogue
- Feedback customer insight and marketing information to the Digital Sales Consultant
- Manage the handing over of Sale information and customer requirements (via Salesforce) to the Event Operations and Brand teams
- Manage the capture and entry of Sales contract information into ESOP, working collaboratively with Sales Operations who will confirm and QA this information ahead of issuing the contract
- Adhere and commit to the UBM Commitments and lead by example
ILLUSTRATIVE ROLE METRICS:
- Account Management revenue targets
- New customers / business revenue
- Existing customer retention revenue
- Existing customer revenue growth
- Brand (Event/product) existing customer revenue performance against target
- Individual performance metrics
- Number of pipeline opportunities
- Existing customers sales conversion% (retention off site)
- Deal size (average sales value for closed – won deals)
- Sales cycle time (average time it takes a team to close a customer)
- % of sales target attained
- Individual sales activity metrics
- Number of calls and meetings (by sector / account size)
- Number of existing customers into pipeline
- Customer contact volume
- Sales process and technology adoption metrics
- Key Salesforce system adoption metrics
- Sales Excellence pipeline process adoption
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some experience in a B2B sales team and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
- Experience of managing multiple customers and maintaining high energy sales
- Experience or background within the media- ,pharma or food industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident personality, high level of enthusiasm
- Office suite skills
- Excellent English communication skills and the ability to blend into an international team environment.
- Ability to understand and articulate value proposition and customer ROI
- Ability to negotiate effectively, and proactively handle and respond to customer objections
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM desirable
Role Key Competencies:
- Commercial Power
- Customer Orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Social Awareness
- Stress management
- Verbal and written expression