About Informa Markets
In every market and industry, business opportunity and success come from attracting and engaging with customers, generating leads, showcasing products and researching and discovering the latest solutions.
Informa Markets creates platforms for specialist markets to connect, trade, innovate and grow.
We operate over 500 major, branded exhibitions where buyers and sellers working in a specialist market can meet face to face, see and show products, conduct business and build relationships. We also provide a range of online solutions based on data and expert content that connect and engage businesses year-round.
Digital Director | Food & Pharma
Food and Pharmaceutical ingredients are incredibly exciting market segments, with phenomenal long-term growth forecasts. The Digital Director will lead the Amsterdam Digital team – in close collaboration with our successful international event teams – supporting the Food Ingredient and Pharmaceutical markets with online products and services, such as online media, digital marketing services, online directories, and data & custom intelligence products.
We’ve built a profitable digital business in Amsterdam, integrated into our global exhibition businesses in the Pharmaceutical and Food Ingredients markets. The most significant developments have taken what we do at live events and replicated them online. Our directory, for example, is a place where the key action of our exhibitions “matching buyers to sellers”, can be carried out all year-round. Our show apps also replace many of the functions of the former show-guides, with the addition of live content feeds and ability to book meetings. Additionally, we’re building the future of online for Food Ingredients and Pharmaceutical Supply Chain business decision support, and we need your help!
- Develop insight into customers’ needs in Food & Pharma working with colleagues and community
- Identify and assess new online products and value propositions appropriate for our customers
- Set three-year strategy for the digital business, in close collaboration with all internal stakeholders
- Deliver that strategy while delivering profitable revenue to budget
- Manage day to day operations for cphionline.com, ingredientsnetwork.com, the event mobile apps, supplier finder and other associated digital products and services in the food and pharma portfolio.
- Take the lead in improving digital operations and customer experience.
- Lead and develop a multi-functional team that includes Product / Project management, Sales, Marketing and Customer Fulfilment
- Coach and develop team; building their careers as you build the business
- Work closely with exhibitions senior team and other sales, marketing and technology leaders both in Amsterdam and globally to deliver on strategy.
- Operate as an advocate for digital products and Advance within Informa Exhibitions.
- Work with sales leaders to set commissions and incentives to deliver digital revenue targets
- Responsible for commercial result and P&L. Review and revise budgets on a quarterly basis
- Experience of managing online/digital Product-, Marketing- or Sales- teams
- P&L responsibility of appropriate size and evidence of growth
- Experience of setting, revising and delivering budgets
- Led and managed multi-functional teams within a matrix, global environment
- Business case development, analytics, and market research
- Track record of launching and operationally managing online information products and services
- Food Ingredient or Pharmaceutical Industry market experience or knowledge strongly preferred
Terms of appointment
- The job is based in our Amsterdam office
- Some travel, to Asia and within Europe, will be essential
- Reporting into the VP Advance Health & Nutrition
- Dotted reporting lines into Group Director Pharma & Group Director Food