Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets is among the world’s top Exhibitions organizers, organizing events that enable buyers and sellers in specialist communities to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals.
Answers incoming/outgoing calls and email as it relates to expositions, publications and marketing services. Processes requests for written information, subscriptions, industry directories, books and ticket/conference registration orders as well as responding to general information questions in a professional manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers incoming phone lines promptly, courteously and correctly; answers questions, researches and
resolves problems and provides information in a clear and concise manner.
2. Answers inbound customer service email promptly, concisely and correctly using product information
and templates provided.
3. Takes ticket order and/or event registrations, subscription, directory and book sales over the phone.
4. Follows up on customer inquiries and research to assure satisfactory completion.
5. Remains current on changes in divisional facts, policies, procedures and product offerings.
6. Knows and understands individual product components and customer bases so that individual is well
informed and accurate when providing information.
7. Places outbound calls to solicit information encourage attendance and/or purchase additional products.
8. Qualify buyers by researching and collecting data and updating Salesforce with integrity.
9. Performs additional duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent with at least two years of college in marketing, communications or a related field. Working knowledge of computers, related software and other office equipment is required, including instant messaging. Must demonstrate skills in interpersonal communication and relationships. Ability to prioritize and respond to customer communications via multiple channels including phone and email. Accurate abilities in English grammar and math required. Individual must be able to adhere to strict rules of confidentiality.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
Customer service experience. Call center experience. Positive and effective customer-service orientation along with problem-solving and conflict management skills. Organizational and time management skills. Knowledge of correct office protocol and professionalism in a business environment. Knowledge of publishing, trade shows and/or marketing industries is preferred.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls (operate a computer and other office equipment); reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.