The Industrial team of Informa Markets brings together buyers and sellers, educates the market and keeps practitioners informed across a variety of industry sectors. With an early transition to online products, digital marketing has been a core part of the marketing team from the beginning.
Through a mix of agency and in-house expertise, digital marketers have played a vital role in the ongoing success of the portfolio.
As the portfolio diversifies further in 2021, the business requires a digital marketer to amplify results and build on previous successes.
Reporting into the Digital Marketing Manager, this role requires a well-rounded digital marketer with experience in SEO, and the ability to design and manage a paid digital media advertising (either executed in-house or through an agency). The candidate for this role must have proven experience in driving new, relevant web traffic through multiple channels as well as being able to demonstrate knowledge and activity in converting web traffic to customers, whether they be event attendees / exhibitors or in a sphere outside the event world.
This candidate is analytics-led, always looking for opportunities to improve the digital strategy and raise the bar. This role will own the website performance reporting. This role will also work with the wider marketing team to develop, execute and monitor the PPC.
To contribute to the overall success of the Industrial UK marketing team through effective digital marketing strategies and successful implementation.
- Execution of the digital marketing strategy, including planning, implementation, management and optimisation for both inbound marketing and paid media
- Design and implementation of testing and optimisation strategies (including A/B testing, landing pages and CTA’s)
- Driving online traffic and ability to present these ongoing results in a regular update
- Development and implementation of link building strategies for SEO.
- Identifies evolving digital marketing best practices and collaborates with internal stakeholders and external agencies to develop new cutting edge digital campaigns
- Understands their customers’ digital behaviour, through continual testing and reporting on channel and campaign performance, in order to optimise plans. This will include using Adobe Analytics or similar to spot issues and opportunities
- Works collaboratively with wider marketing team to review and make changes/improvements to digital campaigns to ensure customer engagement and conversion is optimised
ANALYSIS & INSIGHT
- Monitor campaign performance by producing relevant and timely reports
- Recommend changes to campaign execution based on data insights
- Share relevant insights with Digital Marketing Manager to drive revenues or pursue new opportunities
- Analyse and report trends over time and use these insights to build more effective campaigns
- Ensure delivery and accuracy of pre-agreed reports during and post campaign to monitor channel effectiveness and ROI
- Use recommended campaign analytics dashboards to monitor performance
- Share case studies with marketers within the team, division and Informa Markets
PLANNING & CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- Work with the marketing team to plan product marketing campaigns to meet strategic objectives – for exhibitions and digital products
- Ensure optimisation of spend across marketing channels
- Recommend website strategy to maximise relevant traffic and conversion
- Work with marketers to identify the target universe and key segments within the target universe
- Assist with the development of personas, value propositions and messaging for each of the key segments for each product
- Ensure that timely, relevant communications are sent through a full mix of digital channels and are optimised for each channel
- Monitor and recommend adjustments to the digital marketing activity based on performance metrics
- Contribute to the Content Calendar to ensure delivery through the most relevant channels (email marketing, social media, digital marketing, direct mail etc)
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Highly collaborative and tenacious team player
- Ability to deep dive into an industry and recommend the strategy
- Ability to work effectively across a range of projects with teams of differing skills and experience
- Fast learner, committed to personal development and growth
- Takes pride and ownership of their work
- Experience in a digital marketing role
- Extensive experience in running targeted PPC campaigns
- Practical SEO knowledge
- Analytical and questioning mindset
- Experience of A/B web testing and CRO
- Excellent time keeper, with ability to juggle multiple projects
- Self-motivating with strong ability to work both on independent projects and projects involving many stakeholders
- Proven experience of hitting digital channel KPIs
- Passion for digital marketing
- Database development and growth including segmentation/personalisation
- Deadline and target driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including intermediate/advanced PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experienced in building email marketing campaigns using automation and personalization.
- Formal business/marketing higher education qualification
- Experience working with HTML and CSS
- Events or B2B marketing experience
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job