As a key member of the Tissue World team, the Event Manager - Exhibitions & Publishing will be responsible for the tactical implementation, development and management of our Exhibition / Content brands.
The Event Manager - Exhibitions & Publishing will liaise with the senior management team to ensure that the development of the events fit within the strategic objectives of the Tissue World brand along with contributing to future planning and strategy. The Event Manager will liaise with colleagues in marketing, finance, operations and our global network of sales agents to deliver agreed targets within time and cost constraints. In addition, the Event Manager will be the key interface with our global teams ensuring a positive and successful working relationship. P&L management is a crucial element of the role, and the Event Manager will be required to work with various contributors to advise the Group Event Director on P&L forecasting and ensure delegated cost sections are managed effectively to maximise margins and ensure the group meets overall bottom-line targets.
- Total event management and delivery of the Tissue World portfolio of events and our content brands through print and digital formats
- Responsible for up-to-date communication with all stakeholders chairing project team meetings and making sure that individual projects are going according to plan.
- Line management of one Editor (external contractor) plus management of a network of 11 sales agents based across the globe
- Oversee development of event and magazine content (show features, overall magazine editorial direction, experiences and educational content) to highest possible standards in close cooperation with the Group Event Director
- Develop a mature and detailed understanding of the tissue production industry and the customers we serve in order to recommend key development trends for our events and work closely with the Audience & Digital Development team to build long-term engagement and brand loyalty
- Oversee and have overall ownership of the production process for the print editions of Tissue World Magazine (six editions per year)
- Relationship management of key strategic partners and clients
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key statistics and forecasts.
- Monitor team and individual performance against targets and KPIs.
- Liaise with Finance colleagues on P&L tracking requirements and provide accurate reporting as required.
- Provide market, competitor, product & subscriber intelligence by co-ordination of insight and information working closely with other teams.
- Set, adhere to and manage event P&Ls in collaboration with global partners and senior management team.
- Participate actively and enthuse teams to participate actively in both product development and business development processes.
- Engage with peers in the wider Informa Markets business to share best practice and spot trends across portfolios to improve efficiency, performance and quality of events and services.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally where needed.
Qualities needed for the role
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong sales management skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Inquisitive and curious nature
- Innovative thinker
Qualities needed for culture fit
Global outlook: ability to understand and adapt to the differing objectives and needs of business practices and cultural behaviors across the world.
Team player, strong sense of accountability, passionate about delivering the best – both internally and externally.
- Proven experience managing successful exhibitions & publishing/content platforms with consistent track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Creative and structured approach to motivating and managing a team.
- Proven ability to handle and implement multiple projects with different stakeholders with immovable deadlines.
- Ability to manage projects effectively, adhering to given timelines with the ability to react flexibly if needed.
- Proven ability to build relationships at senior levels.
- A self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm and desire for success.
- Proven ability to contribute to strategies and implement tactics globally.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to develop and assess potential new business opportunities.
- Experience with event logistics/ operations desirable.
- Ability to work with multiple partners in other global regions.
- Experience in working with different cultures.
- Naturally curious and capable of comprehending complex professional markets and workflows.
- Experience of the tissue or paper industries valuable but not mandatory
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here