Identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading tech companies, creating multi-year deals and partnerships:
- Identify the most incredible companies around the world to partner with the technology portfolio events through exciting and unique proposals covering physical and digital products
- Be bold and creative with bespoke deals that directly link to the client’s needs, think outside the box to create ideas that may not be offered at traditional event companies
- Create a culture amongst your team where they can come to you for guidance on how to create such proposals and secure deals
Create a long-term digital strategy that can develop overtime into a stand-alone revenue stream
- Identify opportunities for non-event revenue streams, this can include webinars, newsletters, social strategies, emails, podcasts, video interviews and other online initiatives
- Understand the value of these opportunities and understand how to pitch the value and report the success to clients
- You will need to be forward thinking in your strategy and the overall ambition will be to create a strong digital offering that can be monetised
- Ensure your sales team are fully supported with all the knowledge needed to be able to effectively sell digital inventory to some of the largest tech companies in the world
- Be innovative when it comes to digital initiatives and hunt out opportunities to grow our digital business
You will focus on nurturing existing relationships as well as new partner acquisition, pipeline development and updating sales force.
- You will create amazing relationships with your clients ensuring they are happy, well looked after and delighted to be part of our events.
- As the Commercial Director you will lead the way when it comes to sales reporting, ensuring you follow best practise and this should be adopted by your team
- You will report to the Portfolio Director and give insights on the team’s performance, using statistical analysis from Sales Force.
Ensuring the team achieve commercial success and reach revenue targets for physical events and digital products
- As the commercial director you must lead the way! Make sure the sales team are happy, motivated and have all the tools and support they need to do business development and close deals
- You will encourage a positive team, where they work and support each other to close deals. You will ensure that the team are as comfortable selling space and sponsorship, as they are digital inventory
- Creating an approachable sales team culture where mistakes are tolerated, and there is a feeling of team spirit!
Qualities needed for the role
You will be ambitious, motivated and capable of creating comradery amongst a multinational team.
- Ability to create a happy sales team where people feel enfranchised in the decision making of the events, they work on
- Ensure the sales team feel there is potential to grow in the business, that there is a bright and visible future for them working for Informa.
- Create a culture where all views are valued, and people feel unafraid to contribute to discussion with ideas. Prove to them that the best ideas are adopted and delivered.
- Create a culture where celebration, reward and recognition is prevalent
Qualities needed for culture fit
You will be tremendously generous with your time and naturally share the skills and best practice you have learnt along the way, empowering your sales team to grow, develop and feel motivated. You will be accountable for ensuring your sales team are happy, motivated and well equipped to identify and foster relationships with the world’s leading tech companies, creating multi-year deals and partnerships through digital opportunities.
Who are you?
- You are an awesome salesperson, a real people person who can nurture relationships
- You have a passion for everything digital and want to learn more
- You have an interest in technology and want to learn how it can shape the world we live in
- You are invested in creating team spirit
- You have a strong proven ability for business development
- You love managing your own business portfolio and identifying new opportunities
- You build happy and functioning teams
- You love coming up with creative and valuable ideas
- You have influence and can persuade naturally
- You share ideas and build teams, communities and happy environments!
- You are driven to make money, but more importantly you don’t sleep until the commissions of your team members are reached first.
You love what you do and you are ready to work on a new project that will be the most exciting of your career yet!
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.