Informa Markets is looking for a Digital Account Executive to develop state-of-the-art services for our global customers that would leverage on Informa’s unique customer insights and data, global reach and year-round engagement within key markets.
We are bringing together the world’s leading events, connecting our global audiences through content, online learning, virtual events and matchmaking. We are creating the role of Account Executive to develop state-of-the-art services for our global customers that would leverage on Informa’s unique customer insights and data, global reach and year-round engagement within key markets.
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital and advertising landscape with expertise in content, ad-tech, digital advertising innovations, network, publisher, and data relationships. You will drive programmatic, remarketing, data and content sales revenue through the utilization of Informa Markets brands via partnerships with agencies, advertisers, data and tech providers, as well as through Informa’s own digital content and marketplace platforms.
Objectives of this Role
- Identify and close a wide range of products in the Audience and Data Solutions portfolio. This position needs to win clients from the outset with little ramp up time.
- A strong balance of skills is required in creative solution development, opening new doors, winning back business and relationship building
- The Digital Account Executive is responsible for revenue generation from existing exhibition customers within the Audience + Data Solutions portfolio and will be expected to manage relationships and interactions with customers. To be successful, the Account Executive is expected to partner with the exhibition sales team to move new and existing customers from initial trials to repeat online business.
- It is important that the Digital Account Executive gains insight into a customer’s objective / marketing strategy and translate this to a commercial proposal. In addition, it is important that the Digital Account Executive can convert a lead into an opportunity and close a deal. We expect that the Digital Account Executive will pro-actively reach out to existing customers, is creative in finding sales solutions and can have a meaningful conversation about the digital- landscape and trends with our customers.
- The Digital Account Executive role will involve a combination of phone, e-mail and face-to-face contact with customers to develop the account relationship.
Daily & Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop and drive sales strategy and build a sales pipeline of prospective customers for a range of integrated media offerings including sponsorship opportunities across its media assets
- Work with Marketing Services division within company to craft deeper buy-in among qualified clients
- Sell consultatively/strategically and make recommendations to prospects and current clients of the various solutions offered.
- Partner with the sales team to move new customers from trial to repeat business
- Partner with the ad operation team to deliver superior customer experience
- Proactively find new ways to build the clients’ businesses and to grow accounts
- Master and maintain knowledge of client's business, competition, and latest industry news and trends.
- Work collaboratively with the brand and key account managers to develop industry and brand knowledge as required
- Adoption of Sales Excellence pipeline process through use of Salesforce (CRM system)
- Maintain accurate and timely customer information and notes within Salesforce (CRM system) so that other Sales team members and business unit functions stay informed with the latest customer dialogue
- Manage the handing over of Sale information and customer requirements (via Salesforce) to the Event Operations and Brand teams
- Manage the capture and entry of Sales contract information into ESOP, working collaboratively with Sales Operations who will confirm and QA this information ahead of issuing the contract
- This global role requires you to interact and influence many stakeholders, finding new models of teamwork and collaboration
- Promoting and educating fellow business leaders on digital developments and translate what it might mean for their business
- Provide key stakeholders updates and recommendations using insights to sell through new engagement opportunities based on content consumption patterns, etc
- You will need to get under the skin of key customer groups and build a picture of customer challenges, and the new services we can offer them. Use this customer understanding to inform our product roadmap and build products that meet their needs
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of the Digital media landscape, including B2B content and data solutions
- Experience managing digital information products & services
- Experience with financial forecasting
- Commercial acumen and track record of delivering revenue growth
- Experience with behavioral change management including activities associated with awareness training and resistance management
- Strong client-facing skills and experience in selling digital media solutions such as content marketing, native advertising and sponsorship
- Digital expert / thought leader. Able to promote and educate fellow business leaders on digital developments and translate to what it might mean for their business.
- Great communication skills and ability to manage complex matrixed relationships and dependencies
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
Preferred Experience & Mindset
- Experience working in AdTech / MarTech Industries an advantage
- Digital agency leadership background
- Strong sense of accountability
- Naturally curious and capable of comprehending complex professional markets and workflows
- This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who is comfortable with a fast-paced environment, has a strong bias for action, enjoys developing new solutions for clients and prefers owning initiatives from end to end
- Willing to travel (30%)
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here