SALES MANAGER | WasteExpo and Waste360 | Norwalk, CT
Informa’s WasteExpo and Waste360 are the #1 trade show and online resource for the North American waste, recycling and organics market. Decision makers throughout the waste and recycling industries use our trade show and online suite of products to keep up with the products, news and topics that are key to understanding the industry. WasteExpo is the industry’s platform for an in-person experience with the products and services that drive this dynamic industry and also attend the numerous educational programs at our events.
WHAT'S EXCITING ABOUT THIS JOB & HOW YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT:
Your drive, strong sales talent and account management skills will help you drive this key franchise within one of Informa Market’s most successful groups. Informa Markets is seeking a full-time sales manager for our Waste360 franchise. You will provide the full range of sales services to your accounts. This is a daily hands-on sales role and one that, at its core, needs a demonstrated passion for client service and attention. It is a role that will add immense value from day one to the group and you can help shape the future landscape of this portfolio and its audience.
You are accountable for:
- Managing an exclusive set of accounts that you will sell trade show related programs to – exhibitions, sponsorships and online programs are the assets you will have at your disposal to deliver unique comprehensive programs that deliver reach to waste and recycling decision makers.
- Help to develop and execute on ideas that can expand customers reach into our suite of products in a deeply collaborative setting. Great listening skills, ability to create custom solutions based on customer input. Strong oral and written presentation skills a must.
- A sound understanding of the trade show environment, sponsorship opportunities and digital media landscape, our critical place in it, and how we can provide multilevel opportunities and solutions that deliver value for your clients.
- Developing and enhancing existing customer relationships along with the ability to develop relationships and opportunities for new business.
- Ability to work and manage multiple projects, strong multitasking skills, ability to create unique, comprehensive customer opportunities.
- Excellent territory and customer management skills – strong organizational skills.
- Regularly analyzing & optimizing data and sales information sets to inform key decisions that will expand business and drive sales solutions for your accounts.
- Measure and communicate performance against key territory KPIs.
- Building cross-functional relationships with various stakeholders and team members throughout the organization.
- Travel to industry events as needed.
- Special projects as needed.
What you bring to the team:.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years relevant sales experience in a trade show environment. Familiarity with digital media and sales.
- You have superior presentation and writing skills including the ability to make decisions in short turnaround times.
- You have a proven track record of sales performance and excellence and meeting sales revenue goals.
- You foster a collaborative work environment via strong listening and communication skills both with customers and internal teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Project management skills: Capable of multi-tasking and managing several projects at a time.
- Initiative, ambition, problem solving, and a deep sense of curiosity and desire to learn the waste and recycling industry.
- Team spirit of collaboration, kindness and integrity.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job by clicking on the link below:
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!