DIRECTOR OF CONTENT\EDITOR | Farm Progress | US Homeworker
Farm Progress, a division of Informa Markets, is the market leader in the Agricultural sector. Our goal is to provide U.S. farmers, ranchers and producers with content on production practices, trade, marketing, government policy, new technologies, critical insights and analysis that will support this community with the tools to make informed decisions that will drive growth for their businesses. Farm Progress is the number one agricultural informational provider in the U.S. that utilizes print, digital, broadcast and events as communication channels for the Agricultural market.
What we are looking for:
- Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Director of Content\Editor for Dakota Farmer, part of its Farm Progress Agricultural Portfolio. The Director of Content\Editor will be responsible for the management, strategic direction, content creation, industry profile, competitive positioning, financial attainment of budgets, and the attainment of annual KPIs as set by the Sr. Director of Content for the Western Farm Progress Group. This position will also be responsible for the content creation and brand editorial positioning of print, digital and social programs. Additional responsibilities include the management of content for the website, newsletter and print media, social community building and engagement, creation of galleries, editing of third party and internal staff produced content, photography direction and the collaboration with colleagues that results in high value content for the agricultural market. This position is fully integrated within the Farm Progress group and collaborates frequently with all departments within the portfolio. The ideal candidate is located in the Dakotas or is able to relocate to the region.
You are accountable for:
- Managing and creating compelling original content for daily digital and monthly print publications
- Creating social channel content and building community networks
- Editorial position of the brand in the market
- Managing assignments for internal and external staffs
- Photography direction and execution
- Managing and developing future story ideas for digital, print and social networks by working with state and regional experts and industries authorities to report on the significant issues facing the region
- Management of photo galleries
- Attainment of annual KPIs
- Creating photographic images that further convey stories and information for producers
- Ability to manage staff by utilizing Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics to maximize content engagement
- Driving user engagement with best practices of content creation for the agricultural audience
- Using new content tactics to drive audience retention and page views, and enhance the user experience
What you bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, ag communications, English or related discipline
- Minimum of ten years of business writing and media experience required, preferably in B2B media, agriculture, nutrition or technology industries
- High-level writing skills in features, news and opinion
- Proficient in MS Office product suite, Outlook, or equivalent.
- Must be detail oriented and able to meet daily deadlines
- SEO experience
- Ability to drive organizational change
- Knowledge of building social communities
- Excellent photography skills
- Ability to utilize Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics to drive user engagement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Budget management experience
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Work-life balance
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job by clicking on the link below:
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!