SENIOR STAFF WRITER | Farm Progress | US Homeworker
Farm Progress, a division of Informa Markets, is the market leader in the Agricultural sector. Our goal is to provide U.S. farmers, ranchers and producers with content on production practices, trade, marketing, government policy, new technologies, critical insights and analysis that will support this community with the tools to make informed decisions that will drive growth for their businesses. Farm Progress is the number one agricultural informational provider in the U.S. that utilizes print, digital, broadcast and events as communication channels for the Agricultural market.
What we are looking for:
- Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Senior Staff Writer for its Farm Progress Agricultural Portfolio. The Senior Staff Writer will be responsible for the content creation of our Dakota/Nebraska media portfolio including digital and print media, social community building and engagement, broadcast programming, creation of galleries, editing of freelanced produced content, collaborating with other colleagues to produce high value content, photography and the coverage of production agricultural topics as requested by leadership. This position is fully integrated within the Farm Progress group and collaborates frequently with all departments within the portfolio.
You are accountable for:
- Creating compelling original content for daily digital and monthly print publications
- Creating social channel content and building community networks
- Planning and developing future story ideas for digital, print and social networks by working with state and regional experts to report on the significant issues facing the region
- Creating photo galleries
- Creating photographic images that further convey stories and information for producers
- Driving user engagement with best practices of content creation for the agricultural audience
- Using new content tactics to drive audience retention and page views, and enhance the user experience
- Developing relationships with farmer and expert sources throughout the agricultural region
- Attending field days, meetings, conferences and events as needed for story coverage
What you bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, ag communications, English or related discipline
- Minimum of three-five years of business writing and media experience required, preferably in B2B media, agriculture, nutrition or technology
- High-level writing skills
- Excellent photography skills in agricultural conditions
- Proficiency in MS Office product suite, Outlook, CET software or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to meet daily deadlines
- SEO experience
- Knowledge of building social communities Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Work-life balance
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job by clicking on the link below:
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!