SALES MANAGER | Engineering | U.S. Homeworker
Informa Markets Engineering Group is the leading B2B event and media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce, and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development, advanced engineering design, automation, manufacturing, processing, and packaging.
What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Sales Manager for it's Engineering Group.
The Sales Manager is responsible for revenue generation from new and existing customers within Informa Markets Engineering. This role will manage Digital Media Sales to all tier level customers depending on the market and attracting new customers. The Sales Manager is part of the sales team, which will focus on a specific brand while also developing the flexibility to work across multiple brands. This role is critical to the business, as the key to our success is retention, growth of customer relationships and cultivating new business.
The Sales Manager role will involve a combination of internal and external sales activity, meeting customers face-to-face and attending competitor events. This role will be expected to sell to a variety of new customers, from large key account acquisitions to independent small and medium enterprise customers. The Sales Manager will also sell to valued existing customers and generate growth. Selling will be done over the phone and face-to-face when relevant. Performance will be evaluated based on achieving revenue and new business targets.
The Sales Manager will be will be knowledgeable and well-informed of the brand industry. Further brand and industry expertise will be developed by collaborating with Account Directors and Brand leads. The Sales Manager will be responsible for both sourcing and closing leads. Maintaining and strengthening the relationship throughout the year is an important focus, to understand the customers’ needs and articulate a compelling value proposition as part of the sale.
You are accountable for:
- Sell to existing small, medium and high-tier customer accounts with engaging conversations and compelling proposals while guiding them through buying process
- Prospect, generate and seek new business opportunities inside and outside of existing client base through cold calling, follow-up calling and attendance at industry related events
- Utilize consultative selling methods to prospective and existing customers by offering new opportunities
- Build upon industry specific knowledge, including attending competitor events, analyzing customer data, sharing experiences across the team
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to create tailored packages to support new revenue growth
- Deliver business development strategy, working with Brand Directors, to target new market sectors and regions
- Leverage understanding of customer buying trends to help develop Sales plans and approaches
- Support the retention of existing customers (where necessary). Ability to negotiate effectively, and proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Maintain accurate pipeline, sales activity and customer information within Salesforce of new and existing business (CRM system)
- Inform line manager of the latest customer pipeline and booked information through accurate use of Salesforce reporting, in relation to the monthly and annual goals, so they can liaise with relevant Brand Directors weekly
- Develop Sales plans, inclusive of pricing strategies, and approaches to grow existing customer account through cross and up selling
- Mentor and assist Sales Executives when necessary
Individual performance metrics:
- Revenue performance against target
- Customer retention revenue
- New business revenue
- Sales activity through salesforce
What you bring to the team:
- Work experience in business-to-business sales with proven track record of prospecting and growing revenue from existing accounts.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to identify and pursue cross and up selling opportunities
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Experience managing multiple customers and maintaining high energy sales
- Energy and enthusiasm for the job
- Up to 20% travel required
Other preferred attributes:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM desired
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job by clicking on the link below:
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!