Informa Markets is looking for a Senior Defense Analyst for our Aviation Week Network, the world’s top aerospace reporting and analysis firm. This role will be part of our intelligence and data services defense team in Washington, DC. This role will join a group of military aviation and defense industry SMEs researching and analyzing national defense budgets, tracking defense program developments, research military aircraft fleets, and more. Publishing opportunities as a senior analyst include weekly data & analysis summaries, fleet data “snap shots,” and ad-hoc analysis for the daily newsletter as well as the flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine.
Objectives of this Role
- Research, analyze, and interpret a wide-range of open-source intelligence for one to two regions of the world on all military aircraft (plane, helicopter, UAV) operated by all the regional military operators. Use familiarity with the military, economic, and security dynamics of regions to help create global, data-driven 10-year forecasts of military aircraft procurements reflecting current defense-industrial trends.
- Lead efforts to expand and improve the military aviation database (MAD), become an expert in MAD data products and serve as a product ambassador for sales calls and defense industry events.
- Research military aircraft maintenance data, manufacturer-related data, parts & component supplier information, and specifications for military aircraft. Develop methodologies for obtaining more data.
- Extensive familiarity with at least one or two regions of the world to include military, economic, and security dynamics.
- Experience with defense budget process/cycles, foreign military sales, and military technology analysis.
- Knowledge of military aircraft (planes, helicopters, UAVs), particularly those operated by the US, Russian, and Chinese militaries, as well as general defense industry trends.
- Familiarity with databases and data analysis & visualization tools/methods – Excel, Access, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with military aircraft maintenance & logistics.
- Direct experience working with a military service, DoD, defense industry primes, and sub-contractors.
- Previous experience researching and analyzing military aviation and major defense programs.
- Business-level proficiency in a foreign language relevant to region of general familiarity
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
We will use your personal information to process your application. For more information, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice