MANAGING EDITOR | Farm Progress | US Homeworker
(Candidate cannot be located outside of West Tennessee, South Arkansas, Louisiana, or Mississippi.)
Farm Progress, a division of Informa Markets, is the market leader in the Agricultural sector. Our goal is to provide U.S. farmers, ranchers and producers with content on production practices, trade, marketing, government policy, new technologies, critical insights and analysis that will support this community with the tools to make informed decisions that will drive growth for their businesses. Farm Progress is the number one agricultural informational provider in the U.S. that utilizes print, digital, broadcast and events as communication channels for the Agricultural market.
What we are looking for:
- Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Managing Editor for its Farm Progress Agricultural Portfolio. The Managing Editor will be responsible for the management of content both digitally and print for the Southwest and Western Farm Press portfolio. This position will also be responsible for the project management of all sponsored content programs including print, digital and social programs. Additional responsibilities include the creation of content for the website, newsletter and print media, social community building and engagement, creation of galleries, editing of third party and internal staff produced content, collaborating with other colleagues to produce high value content, managing freelance and internal staffing to create content that is produced for the portfolio, photography and the coverage of production agricultural topics as requested by leadership. This position is fully integrated within the Farm Progress group and collaborates frequently with all departments within the portfolio.
You are accountable for:
- Creation of original content for daily newsletters, websites and weekly print publications
- Social channel content creation and community network building
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Managing and assigning content themes to freelance contributors and editing their content
- Photography direction
- Planning and development of future story ideas for digital, print and social networks by working with state and regional experts to report on the significant issues facing the region
- Creation of photo galleries
- Taxonomy for all produced original content including photography
- Copy editing of internal and external sources
- Ability to utilize Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics to maximize content engagement
- Drive user engagement by utilizing best practices of content creation for the audience served
- Enhance the user experience by utilizing new content tactics to drive audience retention and page views
What you bring to the team:
- A B.S. degree in Journalism, English or related discipline
- Minimum of five years of business writing and media experience required, preferably in B2B media, agribusiness and other related industries
- Proficient in MS Office product suite, Outlook, CET software or equivalent. Photoshop skills are a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Minimum of five years of management experience
- Detailed oriented and ability to meet daily deadlines
- SEO experience
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Knowledge of building social communities
- Excellent photography skills
- Ability to utilize Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics to drive user engagement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Work-life balance
EOE and Competitive Packages information
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
How to apply:
To apply for one of Informa’s opening, please complete an online application at Informa.com.