Informa Markets is among the world’s top Exhibitions organizers, organizing events that enable buyers and sellers in specialist communities to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals.
What We're Looking For:
The Account Manager is responsible for revenue generation from existing/retention customers within the U.S. Boat Show business unit. This role will manage sales to customers dependent on the market and brand context. The role will focus on the U.S. Boat Shows while also developing the flexibility to work across multiple product categories. This team is critical to the business, as the key to our success is retention of customer relationships, growth of accounts and driving exhibitor participation at events. The Account Manager will involve a combination of internal and external sales activity, meeting customers face to face and attending shows, and will sell to valued existing customers. Their performance will be evaluated based on retention and growth of these accounts as well new business opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to continue to develop your expertise the industry served, building greater insight over time. Further show brand and industry expertise will be developed by collaborating with Sales Managers and Sales Directors. Maintaining and strengthening the relationship throughout the year is an important focus, to develop an understanding of the customers’ needs and expectations from their attendance at the event. You will understand the customers’ needs and articulate a compelling value proposition as part of the sale.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Sell to existing customer accounts with engaging conversations and compelling proposals while guiding and servicing them through the application process.
- Using our unique position in the industry, selling our services to prospective customers.
- Develop potential new sales leads and client base through visiting other events and boat shows.
- Execute on assigned Sales campaigns, against accounts, products and revenue targets, in line with sales plan
- Support on-site existing customer accounts, by providing exceptional customer service
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to help generate leads and activities
- Distribute customer insight to the Sales Director and team
- Keep Sales Director informed of the customer pipeline and critical information through accurate record keeping
- Maintain accurate exhibitor information in CRM and proof digital and physical show guide information and listings
- Spend a minimum 35% with customer outside the office, at show site, in their offices, at special events with emphasis on customer service and increased levels of satisfaction.
- Leverage understanding of customer production trends to help develop Sales plans and approaches
- Actively participate in the in-water move in/out and manage crew to facilitate the in-water portion of the shows
- Continuous learning related to industry specific and product knowledge, reading industry research
- Support Finance/Billers in resolving bad debt customers as a final escalation point as well as helping to collect deposits or balances
- Create new business opportunities by in lead entry and lead research via internet and social media
- Manage floor planning process and assist Sales Director and Sales Managers in exhibitor placement
- Create and develop in water layouts, move in schedules and work hand in hand with the in-water operations team by directing and supervising on site.
- Work with customers to improve service levels and show site performance.
- Create floor plan change sheets and proof floor plans.
As an Account Manager, you will be evaluated on:
- Account Manager revenue targets
- Revenue performance against target
- Individual performance metrics
- Number of pipeline opportunities
- Percent of sales target attained
- Number of new business referrals/lead generation
- Individual sales activity metrics
- Number of calls and meetings/productivity
- In person/Phone/Email Customer contact volume
- Sales process and technology adoption metrics
- Key Salesforce system adoption metrics
- New sales support through lead entry and research
- Administrative tasks completion and support, proofing, change sheets.
- Customer satisfaction levels and customer experience especially at show site.
What You Bring to the Team:
- University Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a B2B sales team or B2C Sales and proven ability to deliver and exceed revenue targets
- Experience managing multiple customers and maintaining high energy sales
- Relationship management experience including maintaining customer connection and communication
- Ability to identify and pursue cross and up selling opportunities
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Share Match
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
- Educational Training through IAEE.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.