Introduction to our Role:
We have an exciting opportunity to create and head up the Informa Markets Audience Development business to drive programmatic & remarketing sales revenue through the utilization of Informa Markets brands via partnerships with agencies, publishers, ad networks, data and tech providers.
We’re looking for a deeply entrepreneurial, individual who is comfortable setting the newly created program’s vision and goals, with an emphasis on ambitious, impactful outcomes that have a net positive impact on the Informa Markets businesses.
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the digital and advertising landscape with expertise in ad-tech, digital advertising innovations, network, publisher, and data relationships.
The position will work to build out a global network of key strategic hubs & partnerships as the business continues to scale. This role requires an enthusiastic and outgoing self-starter who is proactive in driving revenue with a very strong business development mindset.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ideal candidate works and collaborates with global team members, and possesses the passion to drive change in digital media.
Informa Markets is the world’s largest tradeshow/event organizer. With over 450 events around the world, we connect buyers and sellers in markets ranging from Healthcare to Construction to Food & Ingredients.
We provide high quality audiences at each of our events. Our customers rely upon us to make connections and thereby, lead generation. As the VP, Audience Development, you will complement our events by building a new program to drive connections between buyers & sellers using Audience Extension, Remarketing, Programmatic and other related digital platforms.
As such, you’ll be the expert in identifying opportunities for our markets, working with 3rd party digital agencies and driving new revenue. To be successful in this role you’ll need to:
Develop Partnerships Vision + Strategy
- Define, build and direct Informa Markets Audience Development Network
- Identify and drive new business opportunities with ad networks, data partners and tech providers
- Define best-in-class digital practices to drive sales, profit and client retention
- Understand Informa Markets & 3rd party product technology developments to further drive adoption by clients
- Develop new strategies to increase content consumption and drive interest
Drive Partnerships Implementation + Execution
- Manage, and oversee partnership implementation
- Generate and manage business plans to define strategies and tactics for long-term sustained success
- Collaborate with sales leaders and teams to provide partner opportunities that add value to our current customers, identify incremental customer revenue streams
- Cultivate relationships with clients, gain deep insight into their business, and ultimately provide solutions to their marketing and advertising goals
- Be an effective team player with strong customer service, communication, presentation and creative problem-solving skills
- Identify insights to inform the work that the IM marketing team pursues and best practices to grow audiences.
- Provide key stakeholders updates and recommendations using insights to sell through new engagement opportunities based on content consumption patterns, etc.
- 7+ years programmatic/digital media sales experience with a consistent and proven track record of success
- Deep understanding of data/ad tech/programmatic/DSP's/platform sales
- Advanced knowledge of digital media and analytics platforms including Tableau (or similar BI tools), DCM, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager etc.
- Ability to develop complex partner and territory plans and strategies
- Experience managing large and high-visibility projects with cross-functional interdependencies.
- Experience structuring partnerships/negotiations with 3rd party data/ad/network companies
- Consultative, strategic thinker with great energy and enthusiasm for prospecting new business
- Articulate, self-driven, highly motivated team player with excellent problem-solving skills, as well as superb organizational, written, and verbal communication skills