Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, MICAM AMERICAS and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, children’s apparel, accessories and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What We’re Looking For:
The Head of Sales is responsible for revenue generation through new and existing customers within the Fashion Portfolio. This includes the sales performance, team revenue generation and sales activity, to deliver the agreed sales and financial revenue plans.
The role has responsibility for the line management of Sales Managers, Account Managers and Business Development Managers who are selling and managing existing customers, as well as actively and assertively focusing on new business development. They will lead this team with a focus on customer retention and growth through cross-selling and rebooking. This role is also responsible for a combination of internal and external sales activity, regularly meeting customers face-to-face, and attending competitor events. This role will be expected to sell to a variety of new customers with a focus on large key account acquisitions and hands on business development of new markets to drive new business revenue.
The Head of Sales will define and execute sales strategies, agreeing on revenue targets and budgets with the Vertical President, while developing and managing a series of campaigns for the sales teams. They will be a key point of contact for the Vertical President, and in partnership with the President, a collaborator with Brand Leadership teams, coordinating interactions between teams, and acting as a point of escalation for sales team members. As the Head of Sales, they will be responsible for the day-to-day sales performance management, utilizing sales techniques and competitions to drive sales activity, while supporting the professional development and mentorship of team members, with a focus on developing an effective sales culture.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Meet with customers regularly to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our relationship with them.
- Identify and launch new market opportunities that will result in revenue growth both domestically and internationally.
- Maintain established relationships with external stakeholders in your designated industry, representing yourself as a thought leader in the space.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics based on constant customer feedback.
- Support the team by mentoring and nurturing them to enhance their existing customer relationships.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the Sales team, leading with performance development to create and maintain a best in class sales team.
- Lead the team of Sales Managers and Executives to identify cross/up-sell opportunities to grow the size of accounts and instill best practice sales techniques to effectively close deals.
- Deliver effective line management of the team through regular 1:1’s, professional development, and Sales coaching.
- Manage the team’s budget and cost of sales, effectively targeting Sales activity in relation to customer value.
- Lead development of Sales campaigns, team account allocations and define individual team members sales targets.
- Lead sales campaign execution, including targeting, pipeline management, deal closing and accurate reporting of performance to the Vertical President.
- Lead the identification of sales situations where support from the Business Development team could result in retention or sale close conversation.
- As part of the Vertical Leadership team, support the overall development of business unit Sales strategies, forecasts and plans.
- Provide account management sales expertise to Brand and Marketing leads within the business unit.
- Maintain an open two-way dialogue with internal stakeholders to share customer feedback, insight, prospective leads and overall brand impact or market dynamic.
- Act as the weekly contact for Sales Operations in maintaining the Event floor plan, based on customer activity in week and pipeline opportunities; partner with Sales Operations on continuous improvements and implementation within assigned brands and across the verticals.
- Globally connect brand and market sales opportunities, where opportunities exist to increase a customer’s share of wallet or improve the global approach to account sales.
- Build an effective sales culture within the Vertical and across the business in working with counterparts in other verticals.
- Encourage the adoption and consistent use of the global Sales process, and CRM technology. Ensuring consistency, efficiency and effectiveness in the way we sell.
- Coach the team to accurately track customers through the sales pipeline process within Salesforce (CRM).
- Lead the recruitment and assessment of new hires to the team within the business unit.
What You Bring to the Team:
- University Bachelor’s Degree / University of Applied Sciences qualification or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in leading B2B sales teams and proven ability to deliver or overachieve on revenue targets
- Experience in maintaining customer relationships and proven customer retention techniques
- Experience with leading customer account growth
- Proven ability to lead and manage a Sales team, instilling an effective Sales culture with high energy
- Strong leadership and sales performance management experience demonstrating growth
- Ability to develop relationships at senior levels and manage high value accounts
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Exceptionally detail oriented and highly organized, with the ability to flex plans and demonstrate agility as reprioritization is needed.
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to ideate, develop, build and implement strategic business plans and initiatives
- Previous implementation of strategies to drive sales performance, gamification and competition
- Previous experience creating and managing budgets, forecasting and reforecasting
- Experience managing a team using Salesforce
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Join the Informa Fashion Community:
Informa Fashion: https://www.fashionframeworks.com/
Informa Fashion Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fashionframeworks/?hl=en
Informa Fashion Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC32hNiaxF6pDMRmjckxZbQ
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.