What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is looking for a full-time Event Operations Manager to join its New York team. The Event Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing a variety of functions from inception to completion including facility, contractor, operational, production, and food and beverage activities for assigned events. This individual will also be responsible for conducting initial site research and proposals, contractual arrangements with vendors, event attendance and the coordination of on-site operations as well as the training and development of Operations staff.
You are accountable for:
- Manage event management shipping/receiving of materials to event site including distribution of shipping instructions, mailing labels, collection of tracking information and onsite procedures for receiving freight. Responsible for the ordering and shipping of show supplies
- Manage team members with questions regarding method of ordering signage, researching cost estimates, and how/where to communicate the information to the broader team; responsible for sharing innovative and cost saving ideas, and requires minimal supervision;
- Manage internal event team members and the general service contractor to develop appropriate and impactful event “Look and Feel” designs within their assigned areas, including structure designs to be used for onsite signage, aligned with pre-event marketing designs.
- Manage method of ordering vendor services, researching cost estimates, and how/where to communicate the information to the broader team; responsible for sharing innovative and cost saving ideas, and requires minimal supervision.
- Manages security personnel as well as law enforcement representatives as needed. Ensures that company initiatives are communicated
- Working with the sales staff, internal CAD team, and general service contractor to develop an efficient use of space as it pertains to the exhibit floorplan, including event feature areas, while complying with fire and safety guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with safety and facility requirements.
- Responds to exhibitor questions regarding their participation and that exhibitors are adhering to event rules and regulations. Independently deal with any challenges that may arise on the Expo floor. Collaborate with the event marketing team and vendors to organize and enhance outbound exhibitor communication via event website, emails, and webinars.
- Identify and create new revenue streams; identify/modify/eliminate those that are not generating event required margins along with Identifying new opportunities.
- Review weekly registration reports to ensure capacities and forecasting of attendance with Senior Manager/Registration. Research ways to enhance the delivery of information as it pertains to internal/external systems.
- Analyze this data in order to recommend improvements for the conference. Work with designated event lead(s) and event content team on session room specification; responsible for usage and layout
- Collaborate with the AV vendor to ensure budgetary compliance and maximum value. In each area of responsibility reconcile all costs/invoices without supervision by assigned lead.
- Provide budget management assistance within their respective area to include preparing and organizing estimates/projections, invoice review and follow-up keeping current records within the event expense tracker. Preparing vouchers and check requests to process event payments and acquiring appropriate payment approval.
- Lead the RFP process for their respected area.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- 5+ years of experience in hotels/banquet operations or facilities administration
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trade show, publishing or marketing experience
- Time and priority management
- Organizational efficiency
- The ability to multi-task
- An eye for detail
- Solutions oriented problem solving
- Conflict management skills
- A working knowledge of personal computers and MS Office and cost management
What we offer:
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Discount Program
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com