We are looking for a talented Conference Producer to join the Seatrade Cruise EMEA events team, in the Colchester office. This is a creative and stimulating role, and the right candidate will have the opportunity to research and shape the direction of the conference programmes at our EMEA events as well as to network with inspirational thought leaders. This is an exciting time to work in the Cruise industry which is growing at a fast pace.
The Conference Producer will be responsible for crafting must-attend live content at events in Europe and Asia, going beyond standard conference formats to creating inspirational experiences. They will become a subject matter expert, with responsibility for developing both market-leading live event and helping to generate digital content to engage audiences year-round.
What you will be doing?
Research & Industry Analysis
- Carrying out interviews with senior executives across a broad range of cruise community and wider tourism to seek detailed insight into business opportunities;
- Conducting primary and secondary research to ascertain the best conference agenda possible;
- Keep abreast of current industry trends, with the objective of curating trend reports that can be shared both internally and externally.
Programming & Logistics
- Writing a highly detailed conference agenda aligned with business objectives and capturing exactly what the community wants to learn;
- Commissioning executive level speakers from leading organisations;
- Participating and leading speaker abstract calls, speaker prep calls, keynote prep calls, and proofing all speaker presentations;
- Maintain up-to-date conference programmes and manage speaker participation;
- Manage the speaker budget as laid out by the event director.
- Working with speakers to generate pre-show content to engage audiences;
- Curating content from partners and speakers to create thought leadership pieces on behalf of the Seatrade Cruise brand;
- Collaborating with the Seatrade Cruise team to create relevant content.
What we are looking for?
- Ideally you will have experience in conference production, but we will consider other transferable backgrounds
- Preferably degree educated or equivalent experience, with strong research skills
- Excellent command of written English and effective communication at all levels
- Strong listening skills
- Commercial acumen
- Self-driven and motivated
- Ability to think outside the box and be creative
- Strong interpersonal skills
At Informa we are committed to developing your talent and providing a competative benefits package including volunteer days, competative pension, ehanced family leave packages, share match scheme, and much more...
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.