ASSOCIATE SHOW MANAGER | Aviation Week | New York, NY
Come play a key role within the Aviation Week Network team, the industry leader in aviation and aerospace media, business intelligence and events. We provide business-critical information, predictive intelligence and connections to opportunities and people. Delivering award-winning journalism, deep data and analytics, world-class events, and content-driven marketing services, our core principle is helping our customers succeed by enabling them to Know, Predict and Connect.
What we’re looking for:
The Associate Show Manager will oversee and manage communication and procedures for the MRO Series/AP&M event for all exhibiting companies. Goal is to ensure effective event management processes and facilitate logistics.
You are accountable for:
- Develop relationship with exhibitors and vendors: a) oversee booth regulations; b) liaise with third-party vendor issues; c) provide overall communication on show operations.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with exhibitors and contractors by ensuring that all communication is clear, concise and consistent with show guidelines.
- Develop and maintain the exhibition schedule, verifying that deadlines are adhered to (move-in/move-out).
- Ensure that floor plan changes and related booth regulations are confirmed.
- Ensure that logistics are implemented to support on-site activities.
- Ability to analyze processes and implement to provide cost savings to the overall event.
- Function as integral part of show management effort, performing additional duties as required
- Serve as one of the main contacts on-site, working with event staff, facility and other vendors as needed.
- Travel to various event as member of show management; point of contact on site for exhibitor/vendor during build-up through break-down of events.
- Stays current with industry trends via research and trade show attendance.
What you bring to the team:
- Three years operational/show management experience in tradeshows, with strong working knowledge of facilities, decorators, freight, floor plans and other event related areas
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture, develop and manage budgets and production schedules, plus ability to effectively communicate the processes associated with them
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets and a CRM
- Project oriented with superior attention to detail and outstanding organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong team player who can motivate and inspire the show staff. Also interacts well with external clients, vendors and other internal teams alike
What we offer:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!