What we’re looking for:
The Standards Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective compliance program for NHN events, publications, digital portfolio and websites as well as the SupplySide (SS) events, paid media and digital portfolio. This includes participating in industry standards development, establishing compliance strategies, and attending the events.
You are accountable for:
- Support the Standards team with in-house compliance services that help educate clients about how to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Resolve compliance difficulties as they occur or in a timely manner.
- Advise and Educate NHN / SS clients on the applicable rules and controls.
- Enforce the Standards and Compliance Program criteria.
- Continuously assess application/collection/review processes for improvement, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Review exhibitor literature/labeling for legal compliance with company standards and all applicable U.S. federal regulations.
- Assist clients in establishing permissible wording and accuracy of information in labeling and promotional materials.
- Evaluate scientific research for adequate substantiation of claims.
- Stay current with industry developments, innovations, and challenges as well as federal regulations regarding dietary supplements, food/beverages, cosmetics, pet products, medical devices, organic, household products (cleansers, detergents, soaps), etc.
- Use company database regarding Standards Department recordkeeping and correspondence for non-compliance issues.
- Maintain current records on all advertisers and exhibitors with regards to past and current compliance issues.
- Assist in implementing, maintaining and enforcing minimum requirements for exhibitors and presenters at NHN / SS tradeshows, conferences and seminars.
- Work independently and as a team player, developing and coordinating projects with the event directors, sales, content, operations and customer service teams to consistently enforce compliance with the Standards and Compliance programs.
- Travel, as required, to all NHN and SS national and international tradeshows and conferences.
- Attend regulatory, scientific seminars and conferences for continued education.
- Promote quality and integrity in the workplace and within the natural products industry.
- Work with industry manufacturers, distributors, brokers and retailers to ensure the safety of products and accuracy of information.
- Develop and maintain industry liaisons with trade associations, governmental legislative organizations, and other groups in a joint effort to accomplish goals including UNPA, AHPA, CRN, NSF, OTA, Gluten Intolerance Group, Non-GMO Project, organic certifying agents, among others.
- Develop and maintain government contacts including FDA, USDA NOP and FTC.
- Participate in the collection and review of labeling and marketing materials from Natural Products Expo and SupplySide exhibitors and advertisers.
- Objectively evaluate materials based upon the business standards and federal regulations.
- Enforce standards consistently and correspond with exhibitors (education, citations, substantiation).
- Collaborate with standards team to establish and maintain consistency.
- Assist with legislative issues concerning NPE / SS and the industry.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree or equivalent education required.
- 3 years’ professional experience in natural products industry preferred.
- Initiative and self-directive.
- Project Management skills
- Awareness/Working knowledge of the Federal Trade Commission Act, the Food Drug and Cosmetics Act, the Dietary Supplement & Health Education Act, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Organic Program.
- Familiarity with information requirements and allowable claims for food/supplement labels and some knowledge of common food/supplement ingredients.
- Resourceful at locating specific information on federal regulator and third party certification websites.
- Ability to adequately comprehend/extrapolate the scientific research of natural products including foods/beverages, supplements, cosmetics, medical devices, pet products, and the ingredients that are in these products.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under deadline pressures.
- Manage follow up tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Must be confident and tactful, able to resolve problems and handle conflict constructively and to make effective decisions under pressure.
- MS Office Skills (Excel, OneNote, etc.) and other online database systems (SalesForce, AtoZ)
- Passionate about the Natural Products Industry.
What we offer:
- Health & Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401K and matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Additional benefits that apply
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!