CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER | Advanced Manufacturing Group | Santa Monica, CA
Informa Markets Advanced Manufacturing event and media portfolio is dedicated exclusively to the global $3 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helping support the flow of information, commerce, and innovation in such segments as medical device development, engineering design, automation, manufacturing, processing, battery technology, automotive electronics, and packaging. The Advanced Manufacturing Group is part of Informa, a global provider of event, media, and information services for professional B2B communities and markets. With a market-leading portfolio including properties such as MDDI, Qmed, Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M), Design News, Design & Manufacturing, PackEx, PlasticsToday, and PLASTEC among others, the Advanced Manufacturing Group offers an integrated solution of live event and media offerings through an audience database of more than 1,100,000 readers and in-person event attendees.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a strong writer who understands the art-science balance of crafting sentences and telling stories that compel people to take an action. The ideal candidate is like a far-reaching salesperson who uses language, logic, and creativity to engage a targeted group of people through media such as videos, digital ads, websites, infographics, blog posts, and email.
You are a relationship-maker who gets that people are too smart to be sold—they want to be connected with. Therefore, you aim to bring people closer to a brand not just through language and storytelling, but by reaching them at the right time and place with the precise message needed to convert their hearts and minds.
You are a strategic thinker and team player who is focused on achieving—and measuring—results. You build the plan, pitch the ideas, manage the production, monitor the promotion, and share the results of your content marketing assets. You will report to the Director of Content Marketing and focus your expertise around:
- Lead generation & nurturing—you understand what attracts, converts, and retains new customers to build our customer databases. You’re an expert in pitching, creating, and promoting brand content that generates leads and new business around growth initiatives.
- SEO & web traffic—you are well-versed in SEO best practices to help transform our websites into evergreen brand-awareness and lead-generating tools. You know what it takes to organically grow a prospect database.
- Thought leadership & audience engagement—you can speak as an expert in the industries AMG’s event brands cover—medical device design, manufacturing, robotics, packaging, and more—in an authentic voice to better reach and engage our audiences.
You are accountable for:
- Creating & sharing content people actually want to consume across the channels they actively use.
- Measuring & presenting the results of content marketing activities.
- Developing event-specific content strategies based on a holistic understanding of Informa Markets’ brands and growth initiatives.
- Creating industry-specific content pieces either in house or with the help of outside resources.
- Building SEO keyword lists and make suggestions based on best practices and research.
- Growing net-new leads across all customer segments (expo attendee, conference delegate, and exhibitor).
- Managing content deadlines to ensure tasks are produced on time.
- Collaborating with marketing managers to build event campaign strategies and bring them to life.
- Collaborating across all AMG teams to ensure there’s alignment on objectives, plans, and tactics.
- Working with the director of content marketing to review strategies and deliverables.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience implementing content strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Highly organized collaborator with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writer, editor, and peer-reviewer.
- Experience and knowledge of content development and execution, including strategies for print, web, email, blog, and social programs.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with internal and external partners to gain input, improve work and processes, and influence positive outcomes.
- Adaptable, creative, and positive.
- Portfolio of work showcasing successful campaigns.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities.
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- 401k and matching.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Generous PTO policy.
- Work-life balance.
- Additional discounts through various partnerships.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below: