About Informa Markets
In every market and industry, business opportunity and success come from attracting and engaging with customers, generating leads, showcasing products and researching and discovering the latest solutions.
Informa Markets creates platforms for specialist markets to connect, trade, innovate and grow.
We operate over 500 major, branded exhibitions where buyers and sellers working in a specialist market can meet face to face, see and show products, conduct business and build relationships. We also provide a range of online solutions based on data and expert content that connect and engage businesses year-round.
The Corporate Communications team is responsible for managing the company’s reputation with external stakeholders, including the media, customers and industry influencers, as well as internal communication across our diverse, global workforce of 4,500 colleagues in 30 countries. The Communications Assistant will support two Communications Managers and a Director of Corporate Communication, all reporting into the VP Corporate Communication, to deliver the team’s strategy and objectives.
The Communications Team is a central hub of information for the business – it’s important to be able to build relationships quickly, be proactive in finding out information and be able to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The team is spread across London, New York, Toronto and Dubai – so being comfortable working in a global team with people you may not meet regularly is essential. You need to be willing to pitch in and help with whatever is needed and take responsibility for the projects you own, while enjoying working in a fun, social environment.
The successful candidate will have a passion for communicating, a curiosity to learn and the ability to take ownership from start to finish.
- Drafting and publishing daily intranet news stories, including sourcing and editing images, and measuring analytics
- Drafting and publishing regular new stories on the website and social media channels and reporting on analytics
- Filming and editing video content for use in internal and external communication
- Preparing press clippings and media coverage reports
- Updating website information, including job opportunities and latest events
- Managing the events database, including processing weekly changes and liaising with marketing teams and the database team
- Creating new sites and pages for the intranet and website, advising on content and layout
- Designing email newsletter templates in accordance with brand guidelines
- Creating and maintaining distribution lists for internal communication, working alongside our HR team, and for media releases, working alonside our external PR agency
- Scheduling cross-functional and company-wide townhalls, briefing sessions and webinars and publicising them to colleagues across our internal channels
- Managing and responding to website and email enquiries from members of the public and the media
- Updating external online directory information
- Supporting senior team with content for presentations, speaking opportunities and team meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Good relationship builder
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint
- Experienced in using content management systems
- Photo editing using Photoshop or other software
- Education or work experience in a relatable field (marketing, communications, journalism, English Language, Modern Languages)
- Graphic design skills, including designing email templates
- Experience with filming and editing video content
- Experience in following corporate branding guidelines
- Experienced in using social media in a B2B environment
- A second language
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.