What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Housing Manager. The Housing Manager will provide key housing support for our show teams and events in the US portfolio including managing assigned trade show hotel block with the official housing company, contract, budget and staff room blocks and other management support as needed.
You are accountable for:
- Contract hotels and manage specific assigned trade show hotel block with the official housing company.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with official housing company, hotel contacts and all internal assigned show groups.
- Maintain on-going communication with official housing company and show group contacts regarding staff, vendor, and speaker reservations for each show.
- Manage assigned trade show hotel block with the official housing company. Ensure compliance with contract terms by hotels.
- Will monitor hotel room blocks, concessions, weekly pick-up, expenses and revenue.
- Prepare Liability overview as required from event team.
- Manage internal rooming list and work closely with designated team to complete and forward to hotel or housing company for processing.
- Manage any hotel change requests, concession assignments and forward all hotel confirmation information to our internal customers
- Follow up with hotels post show as needed for show related expenses, reconcile, and assist for payment.
- Budget pre-show planning, and reporting post on post show commission and rebate revenue.
- Travel to shows or events as required
- Professional representation of the company to the hotel and hospitality community.
- Function as integral part of overall housing team in performing additional duties as required.
What you bring to the team:
- College degree or commensurate, demonstrated experience at minimum of 3 years within the hotel & hospitality community working hotel sales, convention services, group housing.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work on multiple shows simultaneously.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel spreadsheets and Internet.
- Project oriented with superior attention to detail and outstanding organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player who interacts well with external clients, vendors and internal teams.
- Ability to work within company standards using checklists to achieve operational goals.
What we offer:
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Discount Program
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com