HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER | Informa Markets HR Americas | Irving, TX
What we’re looking for:
Informa is looking for a Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to join our team in the Irving, TX office! This key role is responsible for overseeing a variety of HR activities across the US region, partnering with various HR teams across the business to accomplish short-term and long-term goals. This role may also coordinate and collaborate with international colleagues and key stakeholders on occasion. The HRBP provides dedicated support for one or more verticals, leading the Human Resources practices, promoting and supporting an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
This position works within the Informa Markets (Markets) HR Americas team reporting directly to the VP of Human Resources, North Americas. The individual is accountable for delivering the Americas HR strategy across their assigned verticals, implementing HR policies and procedures which support the organization in achieving its business objectives. Key stakeholder skills and a commercial business focus are critical for the success of this position with colleagues primarily located across the US region working within both traditional office and remote/home-based environments.
You are accountable for:
- Partners with business leaders to assess employee skills and performance; establishes and executes effective performance management initiatives and programs, talent planning, talent development and organizational design.
- Establishes trust and maintains a superior level of integrity as the first level of direct HR support for employees and managers within the region, helping to resolve issues and answer questions or coordinating as necessary with the appropriate resources for resolution.
- Develops and implements pro-active employee relations and engagement strategies and tactics to enhance employee performance, engagement and evolve culture.
- Investigates employee concerns and issues and partners with management to broker resolution.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to identify and select high performing talent for assigned verticals.
- Cascades KPI and analytical data to key stakeholders to proactively identify themes and solutions.
- Anticipates / identifies organizational change opportunities and proactively partners with business leaders to plan and manage change initiatives.
- Partners with VP HR and the Global Learning and Performance Team to design and/or facilitate various training and development programs for employees and management.
- Coaches business leaders, continuously supporting their development in managing and leading employees and teams.
- Assists the implementation, engagement and alignment with senior managers for the annual compensation review process within the assigned verticals.
- Ensures the assigned verticals deliver the talent mapping and succession planning process which is in alignment with the agreed process for Informa Markets.
- Supports the VP of HR with the acquisition or divestiture of businesses and general HR support for the accountable senior leadership involved.
- Ensures compliance with the legal and employment environment and maintains current knowledge of trends, practices and applicable laws and regulations, essential to the professional practice of human resources and organizational development within the region.
- Ensures all HR controls are in place, communicated and adhered to within the assigned verticals.
- Identifies potential risks and coordinates with VP HR / Legal to ensure issues are promptly addressed.
- Participates in various regional and Americas wide HR projects and colleague engagement initiatives.
What you bring to the team:
- Degree or diploma in human resources management, business administration, or a related field required. Event, media, hospitality industry background is preferred.
- Experience with US employment practices and legislation across multiple states. Certification in human resources management preferred; California certification highly desired.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a human resources generalist or HRBP position.
- Demonstrated experience of working with multiple key stakeholders. Previous experience in a matrix reporting environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in meeting strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage HR core processes such as employee relations, talent management, learning and development, compensation, succession planning, and colleague engagement.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills to make sound business decisions and evidence-based recommendations to senior management.
- Provide outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to communicate and engage with all levels from employees through senior management, to inspire trust and confidence.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining confidentiality, privacy and using professional discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as proficient presentation skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Demonstrated advanced skills and training preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in US employment standards, FLSA, EEOC, FMLA, ADA, and other relevant laws with the ability to interpret and implement personnel related legislation.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and has a solution focused approach, combined with adaptability and resilience and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and ability to prioritize changing needs and requests.
- Ability to travel overnight approximately 10% to 20% on occasion and as business needs arise.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, in addition to many other offerings including a free EAP)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Generous Time Off Policy and work-life balance including paid parental leave
- Culture of volunteerism, community, charity, and sustainability
- Colleague discounts through various corporate partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply.
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!
- Why Informa: https://informa.com/talent/why-work-at-informa/
- What we do: https://informa.com/about-us/what-we-do/
- Informa.com: https://informa.com/
- Informa Markets: https://careers.informa.com/informa-markets/vacancies.aspx