The Tax & Compliance team is a global team responsible for the preparation and filing of indirect and direct tax filings, statutory account filings and treasury back office functions. The role will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of service delivery in line with agreed timelines. The role will be responsible for act as a facilitator between any given project team and the current team (on a global scale).
The ability to communicate well and build relationships quickly will be key for this role, as well as being able to grasp the structure of the organization and how we operate. This role will also need to be able to identify items with a tax & compliance implication from general discussions.
You will be responsible for the provision of accurate and timely financial information to key business partners, external stakeholders and Group functions.
You will work closely with the business partners to understand their individual requirements.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to. You must also ensure that duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
Informa takes the security and privacy of company, colleague and customer data seriously and you are responsible for working securely and supporting this within your duties.
This role is expected to assume the following key responsibilities:
- Take an active role in projects and initiatives which require Tax & Compliance involvement. These could involve system changes, restructure, acquisitions and disposals
- Act as a facilitator between any given project team and the current team (on a global scale).
- Ensure all key stakeholders are kept regularly informed
- Provide support and assistance to all streams within the department as required. This could include both provision of work and reviewing of work from other team members
- Support colleagues by providing advice to businesses in relation to any questions they have arising from day to day trading or business projects covering Tax & Compliance
- Continually look for improvements in the way the Tax & Compliance function operates
- Work closely with and support peers within the department to work in a collaborative manner
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key Business Partners to build broader strategic planning
What we’re looking for
- Recognised tax/accounting qualification
- Knowledge of dealing with acquisitions, disposals and restructures
- 6 years relevant Tax & Compliance accounting experience
- Ability to motivate people in a Tax & Compliance environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including a wide range of stakeholders within the business
- Ability to work in a fastpaced changing environment
- Improves processes & systems
- Embrace a changing environment
- Problem solves within tight deadlines
- Be proactive and take initiative and encourage teams to do the same
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Ability to be selfsufficient as well as working in a team environment
- Act with integrity
- Excellent influencing skills
- Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail and the ability to maintain these skills whilst working under pressure
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Knowledge of SAP and Oracle system preferable
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects and initiatives, be that M&A related, internal restructures or system changes
- Opportunity to work as part of a dedicated and professional team