The role of Assistant Management Accountant, for Finance Shared Service Centre – BSC is a key position within the A2R team. The role supports the Financial Controller – A2R and will report to the Senior Management Accountant. This role will provide assistance with efficient management accounts reporting in order to support the Financial Analysts through efficient reporting and continuous improvements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting and Performance Management
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of monthly management accounts for entities throughout Europe, including creation and posting of judgmental accrual and prepayments
- Support the Business Partner with related questions and queries
- Providing ad-hoc information to Business Partners, to include cost and variance analysis
- Update Chart of Accounts with changes to business structures.
- Maintenance of headcount allocations
- Review of the balance sheet reconciliations for the accruals, deferred revenue, prepayment and other revenue and cost driven balance sheet accounts
- Intercompany recharge of costs incurred on behalf of other parts of the business
- Maintenance/reconciliation & support of Cost Trackers for both Events and Publications.
- Work with the business to analysis open Po’s and clear down accruals accordingly.
- Update KPI onto the system after each event has traded.
- Review reconciliations performed by third party provider
- Review and adjustment of bad debt provisions
- Calculation and posting of revenue deferrals
- Review reconciliation between SOP and other peripheral systems to EBS system
- Produce weekly sales reports with the assistance of the sales teams and business partner.
- Review debtor reports (work with the sales teams and credit control to action any issues)
- Support Business Partner with compilation and upload of forecast/budgets/3YP.
- Assist Business Partner with annual intercompany commission calculations
- Assist Senior Management Accountant with management accounting projects
- Identify continuous improvements within the management accounting function, through review of processes and working with the Senior Management Accountant to implement changes
- Deal with all ad-hoc requests in relation to the management accounting process
- AAT Qualified
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Effective communication – able to put across messages clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential to work effectively with non-finance managers, colleagues and external parties
- Willingness to cross share work across a team at busy times
- Advanced/Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel and strong financial modelling skills essential.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills, including planning and delivery to challenging deadlines.