Senior HR Business Partner, Financial Intelligence | New York, NY
The Senior HRBP, Financial Intelligence role sits within the HR Business Partner team within Informa Intelligence and is based in New York. The role of the Senior HR Business Partner is to build relationships and work closely with business leaders and managers that lead complex business units, contributing a People perspective to business strategy discussions, and driving initiatives to support the strategy.
The successful individual will focus on building in-depth knowledge of their assigned vertical’s business model and will be expected to be proactive and challenging with their support. The HR Business Partner will also need to be able to offer advice and guidance on HR best practice and policy to all colleagues and managers within their vertical and handle advanced ER issues.
This role reports to the Director of Human Resources who manages the Global Business Partnering function.
Informa takes the security and privacy of company, colleague and customer data seriously and you are responsible for working securely and supporting this within your duties
The Senior HR Business Partner is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Build a strategic partnership and relationship with the Financial intelligence vertical management team to implement people initiatives into the business unit including colleague engagement, organizational design, change management, and talent & succession planning
- Facilitate management decisions to bring best solutions for colleagues and business alike
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within the Intelligence HR team to ensure a collaborative approach within the team
- Proactively build a network with colleagues in the wider HR community to work on business and HR projects
- Take ownership of ER processes to ensure they are operating in line with local legislation and updated consistently across the division
- Escalation point for local ER issues in your assigned vertical
- Work with the L&D team to ensure the training needs of your area are clearly defined and supported
- Facilitate and support the succession plans for key talent and key job positions
- Ensure that people management practices are driven by assigned verticals requirements
- Advise and make recommendations on the people implications of organizational change
- Offer expert HR advice and guidance to line managers and staff in areas including discipline, grievance, performance management, absence, performance reviews and remuneration
- Understand the HR metrics for your assigned business area, including Headcount, Absence, Performance Review
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to act with integrity, tact and diplomacy with sensitive and confidential information and handle it in a secure and safe manner
- Motivates, inspires and acts as a leader amongst your department and your peers
- Excellent, proactive communication skills
- Wide variety of communication styles and the ability to understand your audience and tailor your style accordingly
- A continuous improvement mindset with focus on the betterment of both your department and global support
- Understands the impact of change both locally and in the global environment.
- Looks to find the root cause of issues and knowledge of when quick wins or long-term solutions are appropriate
- Uses measurements and data alongside intuition when problem solving
- Influential and able to communicate rationale behind thought processes
- Self-motivated, driven and open to new challenges
- Ability to remain calm and focused whilst under pressure
- Immersive and impactful presentation skills
- Demonstrable success in balancing the needs of the business with required quality of service
Knowledge & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ related experience in a HR environment
- Extensive HR generalist experience in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- In-depth knowledge of local employment law and HR practices
- Experience of coaching senior leaders and advising Managers on complex ER issues
- A track record of continuous professional and management development
- Professional HR qualification preferred
- HR experience in Financial Services is preferred
We help customers around the world make well informed investment decisions, understand past trends, forecast future performance, drive profitability, and increase returns.
Our leading-edge financial information enables customers to gain a competitive advantage by using our research to make timely business-critical decisions and form effective strategies.
We are a premier data provider for a diverse range of consumer and investment companies globally, serving the following markets:
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
Work- Life Balance
Paid parental leave