The demands of this role will involve providing timely and accurate financial information which is used for business partner decision making.
This role requires excellent communication, meticulous attention to detail and practical skills.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Master Data Management (MDM) Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Maintain the master data in SAP, including equipment movement transactions and the numerous related tables to the highest levels of accuracy and within the SLAs timelines required to support the company-s operations.
- Ensure that the records are complete, accurate, consistent and easy to use, and all supporting data structures are properly configured and up to date.
- Under the direction of the Specialists line manager, they will support numerous business customers, be conversant with scores of written procedures and hundreds of distinct transactions while remaining cognizant of many important exceptions to the written rules.
- Utilize WinShuttle for mass updates in SAP. Learn and use available MDM tools and SAP BW for reporting.
- Monitor data accuracy, validity and completeness and correct as needed. Follow established routine verification procedures and provide feedback to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the processes.
- Be conversant with procedures and cognizant of exceptions that must be incorporated.
- Be familiar with numerous external data repositories (CCNA, UPC web sites, etc.) to locate any needed data.
- Monitor system interfaces (IDocs), analyze issues and take appropriate corrective action.
- Flexibility needs to be demonstrated on working hours, at times of high-volume activities to support the SLAs.
- Work closely with business requestors if information received is not robust enough or inaccurate to set up master data. Vigilant follow up is required for all requests pending additional clarifying information.
- Undertake various master data improvement projects as directed by their line manager. Seek out and recommend continuous improvement initiatives
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- General duty of care to colleagues
- Work collaboratively across teams/businesses
- Act as a role model to others
- Provide help and a buddy system to other members of the team depending upon your level (SSC Specific)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Good knowledge and understanding of MDM processes
- A thorough knowledge of SAP system preferable
- Winshuttle experience for SAP data uploads desirable
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business. We serve commercial, professional and academic communities by helping them connect and learn, and by creating and providing access to content and intelligence that helps people and businesses work smarter and make better decisions faster.
- What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- 4 weeks parental leave
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.