This role is responsible for business specific deliverables for either a dedicated division or across multiple divisions. You will have responsibility and ownership for reporting on the profitability and associated balance sheets of your divisions.
You will be responsible for offering support & guidance to colleagues on difficult issues as an expert within the team. You will also be considered as a specialist in the specific business division you are working in and responsible for the more complex, higher accounting skill duties.
You will be responsible for ensuring a high value service is provided to key business partners and group through effective collaboration with your team and business counterparties.
You will be expected to support the annual statutory audit process and ensure all MDM/GPO processes are followed.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Accountant 7B is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Prepare, reconcile and analyse where appropriate aspects of the monthly Management Accounts for specific product areas; this may cover multiple divisions.
- Reconcile revenue to information and explanations from the business and between the accounting system and SAP system
- Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (i.e. stock)
- Understand and apply within working practices the key drivers that impact the monthly Management Accounting reports
- Assist in the production of financial analysis
- Royalty, profit share and commission calculations
- Calculate bad debt provisions, accruals and prepayments
- Analyse and solve ad hoc problems using your knowledge of the business and the systems
- Assist with ad hoc duties as needed, including covering workload in other teams
- Calculate bonus/commissions provisions
- Process intercompany transactions
- Checking sub ledgers from internal departments
- Liaise with Finance Operations and Cash Operations for reconciliation queries
- Capitalising assets and running depreciation
- Perform reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Publish financial results in SAP FC
- Budgeting, forecasting, modelling and analysis of direct cost base and divisional recharges (Global Support team only)
- Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
- General duty of care to colleagues
- Work collaboratively across teams
- Act as a role model to others
- Provide help and a buddy system to other members of the team depending upon your level (SSC Specific)
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail
- Good knowledge and understanding of R2R processes within your area
- A good knowledge of SAP system
- Knowledge of best practice in an R2R environment
- Recognised qualification/Accounting degree preferable (SSC Specific)
- 2 years relevant accounting experience
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within an industry-leading global brand, please send your full resume / CV and a cover letter to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and salary expectations.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin
Thank you for applying. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.