We’re the world’s largest events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than 30 countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. Come join us!
Informa is the largest exhibition organizer and truly a global player. Digital plays in Informa as high priority business sector and will provide substantial services for our customer. Our digital team in Amsterdam has set standards in the company and will continue to do so. The position is a vital role on that journey to establish digital best practice cases in Informa and the entire exhibition industry.
The Digital Marketing Manager role is an exciting role focusing largely on setting up the digital marketing strategy and establishing core digital programs and campaigns. You will analyse the digital marketing needs and establish processes, metrics and priorities. You will be responsible for designing and implementing digital initiatives for our two directories www.ingredientsnetwork.com and www.cphi-online.com and lead the growth of visitor and exhibitor engagement. Next to this you will be responsible for growing the number of people that use our online directories, mobile app and onsite Supplier Finder (responsive information screens).
These products are a key part of Informa’s digital ecosystem and, in combination with the Food Ingredients and Pharma events, are leaders in their fields. The Digital Marketing Manager will be managing a digital marketing executive and a digital content executive and will be joining a team of talented, driven digital minded colleagues, who strive for innovation and quality in every output.
The Digital Marketing Manager works in close collaboration with internal and global stakeholders to choose the required supporting tools (like Eloqua, Omniture) to achieve our business goals. You will be reporting directly to the Digital Director.
Together with the Digital Sales Manager you will be responsible for setting up an inbound marketing strategy to nurture our leads. Together with the Digital Product Manager you will be responsible for giving input to improve our platforms. Together with the Digital Director you will part of the Digital Management Team in Amsterdam.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the Digital Marketing Team. Set up clear goals and objectives for the team members.
- Direct the implementation of marketing plans in association with internal stakeholders.
- Identify and understand the digital presence of our directories and its competitors and the industry; monitoring of the digital market environment, online social media and other channels in order to provide analysis and recommendations for strategies and digital marketing plans.
- Grow the usage of the online directories, adoption of mobile apps and use of Supplier Finder at our shows.
- Develop an online marketing strategy for each of the digital channels / goals and a framework for keeping track of our engagement performance for each of those channels.
- Content Management, SEO, Monitoring, and Reporting for websites and digital platforms.
- Evaluating end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent our branding, tone of voice and design in messaging across various channels.
- Ensure a consistent and best in class customer journey experience throughout all digital activities.
- Set up campaign measurements criteria in alignment with business goals, provide analytics and tools and create dashboards on all digital activities.
- Work with the Digital Sales Manager to set up an inbound marketing strategy to increase warm leads for the digital sales department (Define MQL and SQL).
- Together with the product manager, develop a long-term strategy to drive an increase in organic search traffic to our directories. Work with external SEO consultants and web developers to deliver on this strategy.
- Plan and execute campaigns to promote app and supplier finder use for each of the UBM Amsterdam events (20 in total).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 7 years of digital marketing experience, with strong focus on experiment-based and data-driven marketing
- Knowledge of and affinity with our industry and products/solutions
- Process- and service oriented and ability to manage expectations and to sell ideas
- Aware of available channels and tools and their strengths in the market
- Expert working with Eloqua or / and Adestra is a plus.
- Expert working with Omniture (Adobe Analytics) is a plus.
- Experience in content marketing is a plus
- Business-savvy, process-driven, analytic-minded and technically capable
- Proven track record of rapidly growing user base of digital products
- Experience with event-based analytics, Google Analytics, A/B testing, funnel optimisation and cohort analysis
- High analytical, Team player and highly collaborative
- University degree or equivalent, marketing qualification will be a bonus
- Understanding of database management and segmentation techniques
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent presenting and copywriting skills in English
- Be able to collaborate / work in an international matrixed environment
- Intercultural skills
- Willing to travel (20%)