We’re the world’s largest events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than 30 countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. Come join us!
Overview of position:
The role involves the selling of delegate places and to recognise promotional and sales opportunities and managing WAVexpo (online exhibition directory). You will work with our existing database calling our best lists selling and cross selling your allocation of events to leading industry experts and businesses. You will be given a thorough briefing on each event before the sales campaign and have regular updates with the conference team throughout each project.
You will receive full industry training as well as management support to help coach you in the correct sales manner. Opportunities for growth are available for anyone who demonstrates a can do attitude whilst constantly delivering against their revenue targets and objectives.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to develop a strong pipeline of potential sales
- Recognising and overcoming objections and selling alternative products
- To be confident in closing on the phone
- To uphold an impeccable telephone manner
- To exceed sales targets
- To ensure database is amended with care and diligence as often as is required
- The ability to use social media to uncover further sales opportunities
- The ability to communicate internally with senior managers
- To be able to write a sales e-mail and call guide
- To have a strong business acumen
- A Consistent drive for results
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work autonomously when required
- Understand sales cycles
- To be able to report your sales activity accurately
- The ability to work in a team
This is an excellent opportunity with unlimited earning potential for driven, tenacious, intelligent, articulate and ambitious Sales Executives who enjoy the fast-paced nature of Sales and are looking to establish a career in a global business with fantastic career development opportunities.
Constantly rated as a UK Top Employer, we have on offer world class training, competitive salaries, uncapped and realistic OTEs, as well as an award winning benefits package which includes pension, private healthcare and a healthy lifestyle subsidy.
- Starting salary of £22,000 p.a. + generous bonus structure giving a realistic OTE in year one of over £ 33,000 increasing each year
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Hours 8.00/ 8.30am – 4.30/ 5.00pm Mon-Thursday, with one hour for lunch. Friday 8.00 – 4.00pm, 30 minutes for lunch. (Although Flexi Hours may be required to take into consideration time zone differences for special projects)
- Regular reviews every quarter
- Appraisals to take place every year